What is not to miss - Belize City?

Herbi

I'm planning well in advance for my cruise next summer onboard Carnival Glory.

What should I make sure I don't miss in Belize? On the list at the moment is the Howler monkey and Baboon sanctuary (from belizecruiseexcursions.com)

We loved Caye Caulker last year. Decided this year to just wander around a bit. Most of the family is doing Cave tubing - private trip booked for 13 of them. We've decided to just hang out away from the group and explore this time. I think it's going to be HOT in late June, so just going to wing it.

Husband has ZERO desire to ride in a van and then hike through the jungle for cave tubing, so we are hanging back. Caye Caulker would be my first choice, but some times you just gotta do what the hubby wants.

• 4 weeks later...

Goff's Caye would be my choice we've been twice through Ecco tours, just google Belize excursions and they come up.

Fast boat to the island, seclusion, white sand and fabulous snorkeling. And...not too many people, there are normally around 50 people on island. There are white sand lagoons that you can just sit in and watch the little fishies swim around you, great for kids, only about a couple feet deep, or you can get out and about in deeper water...lots of critters. They serve a lunch for extra $ and drinks. They give you free water. There is even an outhouse powered by car batteries.

Very "deserted island" feel....we love it. Then they take you back by way of the mangroves in a thrilling fast ride. It was great fun.

Here's my video:

And this guys drone vid: