Watches sold on cruise ships

lenquixote66

$20 and works for 2 years?

You got your monies worth

No, I haven't bought a $20 watch on board.

The high end watches advertised at 50% off can be bought cheaper from Amazon

This is extremely true. I will go to the shops to look and try on watches I'm interested in and then buy them from Amazon at a MUCH cheaper price (and free shipping) :)

Ex: MK Watches on board retail for about $250-$350 (after the discounts) and on Amazon you can buy them for around $175-$275 (although you have to add tax).

I own several good to excellent watches that cost from $200 to$2500. I wear the Seiko railroad watch as it keeps excellent time and is truly waterproof. On some dress occasions, I wear my dressy watch that DW bought me that has some diamonds on the face. The third watch I wear is one I got at Walmart while my Seiko was in for repair. I paid $3.74, it is the best looking watch I have and keeps good time.

I have bought watches on cruises for $10 or less. Usually this is when my cruise watch has failed and I need something. If it runs for a few weeks, I am happy.

$20 and works for 2 years?

You got your monies worth

No, I haven't bought a $20 watch on board.

The high end watches advertised at 50% off can be bought cheaper from Amazon

The OP does not say they bought a watch on board for $20 and it lasted two years. They asked if anybody had done this. The definitive phrase "anyone else" was not included in the post. It appears nobody has ever done it.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

I have never brought one, at that price.

Once however I got as far as picking one up to adjust the time, however the spindle came right out.

There IS another side to the watch story however.

On my cruise in 1997, I brought a beautiful, slim Wittnauer mans watch for $67.00, reduced from $100.00. Last week I went to get the battery changed,for the second time. 'Peoples' said that they could did not have the tool to get into it, so I went to our local jeweler.

The gentleman looked at it, and said that he used to sell that watch years ago, and he asked were I had brought it.

I told him and he said 'You stole it, its worth $450.00!!!'

john

We bought 4 of the $20 watches on one of our cruises. They were for gifts, but when we got home, I tried to set one and it didn't even work.

I returned them to Princess offices in Santa Clarita, CA and got my money back.

Only problem was that I didn't have gifts for the people that I bought the watches for.

They are really cheap quality. I would never buy them again.

The OP does not say they bought a watch on board for $20 and it lasted two years. They asked if anybody had done this. The definitive phrase "anyone else" was not included in the post. It appears nobody has ever done it.

Regards John

I have been tempted on every cruise but have yet to buy one .

Regards John

You mustn't have read my post then ... 15 years still going strong. And it was $5

You mustn't have read my post then ... 15 years still going strong. And it was $5

Not read your post? The OP was asking about the $20 range. Obviously people can buy decent watches at other prices; both cheaper and dearer. It is the $20 ones which are no good, I tell you.

Lol John

Not read your post? The OP was asking about the $20 range. Obviously people can buy decent watches at other prices; both cheaper and dearer. It is the $20 ones which are no good, I tell you.

Lol John

As a devotee of Sherlock Holmes I shall take the advice of the eminent Dr.John Watson.