Infinity Schedule Changed For 2005

Cruizin Dan

I just found out through my TA that the Infinity has red flagged my Pananma Canal 14 day cruise for May 1st 2005! I was going to try and change my stateroom (see post on Infinity staterooms) when my TA came back and told me they have red flagged that cruise. Meaning no one can make any changes, upgrades, etc. Right now they are going to be doing a Hawaii trip in April 2005 and then there is about a months gap in their schedule before heading up to Alaska. Has anyone experienced this when booking far in advance with Celebrity? I was just wondering if I should wait and see what Celebrity may have to offer us. Or cancel and and find another Pananma Cruise ASAP?

cruiser dan

The captain on our Mercury cruise (SF to Cabo) last week announced that Infinity would sail some Mexican Riviera cruises out of SF next May and part of the late summer/fall -- so that's probably what has happened to your cruise.

trc

Millennium 12/12/04

Mercury 4/04, Infinity 8/03, Century 3/03 & 9/02

Infinity is doing 2 SF-Alaska-SF itineraries in May 2005. Both are 12 night itineraries. They are already up for sale at Celebrity's website.

Crystal - Inching closer every day!

Celebrity (6)

NCL (5)

Princess (4)

Disney (2)

Royal Caribbean (2)

HAL (1)

I just checked Infinity's spring 2005 schedule and it has a months gap from april 17th to may 16th. So there must be some repositioning not yet scheduled. Our trip was to leave on May 1st so I would imagine they will be offering us something to cover the inconvience of the change?

cruiser dan

cruiser dan,

Something very much like that happened to us for this year.

We booked the Constellation from Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale October 24th. Back in Oct/Nov, it got red flagged and we couldn't find out anything.

Then we started seeing posts that people on the 11/7 Eastern Caribbean were told their cruise had been cancelled but they were now on a transatlantic on Nov 7th.

All of that went on for about a month or so with no info from Celebrity and we were getting nervous. Finally, they admitted they added a two-week Mediterranean trip on 10/24 and cancelled 2 7-day Caribbean trips. We didn't know if we would be on the "new" 14-day roundtrip out of Barcelona on 10/24 or the "new" transatlantic 11/7 for a long time.

What we did was put a deposit down on a cruise that we wanted during the mess since neither of the options it looked like we had appealed to us. We did not cancel what we had and, finally, Celebrity offered us a $200 cabin credit for the inconvenience (would not have gotten that if we cancelled).

We had our TA move our previous Constellation booking to the new cruise (Galaxy t/a) so we kept the booking credit that one had plus got the credit for the inconvenience. Then we added $250 for the shareholder benefit. It worked out pretty well by not cancelling, yet booking something else we would like.

This is a long way to get to the point. I suggest you book something to replace your cruise. You will be out the deposit until you resolve the issue. At that point one of the deposits will be refunded. Don't cancel what you have or you lose any chance of compensation. If you can stay on Celebrity or RCL for the replacement, you will have an easier time using a credit because they will most likely limit it to about a year. Also, if you had booked this one on board, you should be able to transfer the credit.

It sure seems that a lot of itinerary changes have happened in the last year. Good luck.

Bob.

Bob thanks for the information. this is exactly the kind of info I needed. I will stay with my one scheduled trip and see what Celebrity has to offer and start looking just in case for another to put a deposit on. This was going to be in celebration of our 20th anniversary next year so I will just have to look for another excotic type trip. Thanks again

cruiser dan

I have reservations on a cruise to Hawaii on May 15, 2005 on the Infinity. About two weeks ago it disappeared on some travel sights, or stated it was sold out. I have made several calls to Celebrity and finally called my travel agent. The bottom line at this point is, no one knows the answer. Of course you can call Celebrity and get a different answer each time. Guess time will tell where they actually will be going.

Just today we put a deposit for the Infinity sailing May 16, 2005 out of San Francisco to Alaska. It's a 12-night cruise and ends in San Francisco on May 28. That itinerary just showed up on Celebrity website this week. I've been checking the website daily because we tried to book an Alaska cruise while we were on the Zenith in early March and the 2005 itinerary wasn't out yet. The future cruise person gave us a voucher for booking onboard, but she told us we had to book as soon as the intinerary came out to receive the credit. I guess we'll just wait and see where the Infinity ends up in May, 2005. This sure is confusing!

Called Celebrity yet again, and it was verified my May 15, 2005 cruise to Hawaii is cancelled. We were going to be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversay, and had planned on going to Hawaii since we got married. I had an aft room (family view) 9197, that has been booked since January. I still can't beleive they have done this, without letting us know, or our travel agent.

I wonder what they are doing with Infinity with all of the azipod problems, maybe taking it out and fixing it right instead of everyone getting a last minute notice, like what happened recently. Its a bummer to lose a cruise you have set your heart on, but better now than latter in the year or worse next year. Good luckwith finding another cruise. There are so many out there, and if your TA is a good one they will find you something.

Emerald Seas 1980

Norway 1994

Zenith 1995

Royal Majesty 1995

Century 1996, 1999

Ecstasy 1996

Mercury 1997

Horizon 1998

NCL Wind 1998

Grand Princess 1999

Sea Princess 2000

Infinity 2001

NCL Star 2002

Millennium 2003

Summit 2003, 2004

Summit (4 day) April 26,2004

Sun Princess Nov.22, 2004

Hey all...

We're booked on the April 17th Transcanal - San Diego to Fort Lauderdale cruise. I too got concerned when all of a sudden it disappeared from the Celebrity site. I called my TA this evening and she called Celebrity. Right now that sailing is on a "No Sale" status, but not cancelled. No one would give her any more information.

I hope they do something to reinstate these sailings. We were so looking forward to it.

If anyone hears anything else, please post asap!!! I don't expect to hear anything else from my TA until the beginning of next week.

Michele

Celebrity Infinity - 4/17/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2005;04;17;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Celebrity Summit - 10/03

Explorer of the Seas - 8/02

Fascination - 8/01

Costa Romantica - 3/94

Celebrity Zenith - 9/92

Celebrity Zenith - 5/92

Celebrity Horizon - 7/91

Carla Costa - 5/91

Costa Riviera - 5/90

Costa Riviera - 10/89

Costa Daphne - 4/89

Costa Riviera - 10/88

Costa Daphne - 5/88

Carla Costa - 8/87

Costa Flavia - 1960's

This post is affecting us too. Listed is a Panama Canal 14 day from San Diego to Ft L on

April 17th. Really interested since our

wedding anniversary (35 yrs) is 4/19. This is

for 2005. On some web sites its listed BUT

one cannot gain access to actually booking this

cruise. Celebrity rep could not access it

either. I am waiting for a return phone call.

Looks like another date/ship for us. Bummer

I'm finding this all very interesting. We booked the April 17 '05 cruise while on the Zenith. We chose it to lock in an onboard booking credit while we looked for the best deal on this or another cruise. Very curious to see what the new itinerary will be.

Ok...more info...I had to speak to someone, so I called the Captain's Club. Again...she checked the computer and all she could say in the beginning that our sailing has been "red flagged", but not canceled. She put me on hold and called someone else, but she came back with no further info. She said that there could be a few reasons for this status. It's almost sold out...they're changing the pricing, or possibly one of the ports or the entire itinerary (let's hope it's not the itinerary). I also asked how long it could be in this status and she couldn't tell me. I told her that it was already on the "net", and it would behoove them to come up with some information as quickly as possible. I guess they're used to hearing that because she was totally unphased.

So...that's all the info I could get on my own. If you guys want to try...maybe the more calls they get, the quicker they'll have some info for us.

Sorry...I wish I could provide better news....

This is what I posted on our sailing thread on the Connections Board. Hancock...why don't you join us on our thread since you're booked along with us for that sailing?

Michele

Celebrity Infinity - 4/17/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2005;04;17;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Celebrity Summit - 10/03

Explorer of the Seas - 8/02

Fascination - 8/01

Costa Romantica - 3/94

Celebrity Zenith - 9/92

Celebrity Zenith - 5/92

Celebrity Horizon - 7/91

Carla Costa - 5/91

Costa Riviera - 5/90

Costa Riviera - 10/89

Costa Daphne - 4/89

Costa Riviera - 10/88

Costa Daphne - 5/88

Carla Costa - 8/87

Costa Flavia - 1960's

All I can say is my May 15, 2005 cruise to Hawaii no longer exists. I called and asked for availability on the Infinity for May 16, 2005 to Alaska and they were ready to reserve a cabin. When I questioned how I could book a reservation sailing on the Infinity on May 16, 2005 sailing to Alaska, when I already had a reservation on the Infinity sailing on May 15, 2005, I finally did get an answer. No go for Hawaii.

How about this one? We have three cruises in this status at the moment, all red flagged! We are booked on the Zenith for 1/16/05 and back-to-back Hawaii cruises for May on the Infinity. 35 days of crusing in limbo!

Vera Cruz - 6/68

Ecstasy - 10/93

Sensation - 5/94

Tropicale - 11/94

Soverign of the Seas - 5/96

Summit - 9/03

Zenith - 2/04

Constellation - 5/04

Summit - 10/04

Zenith - 1/05

Infinity - 5/05

Well, I'll jump in here with something else to ponder. There are no more category 1's at all on Infinity starting with the new 2005 Alaska itineraries. They will ALL be Concierge Class then, not just the former cat 1A's on Sky Deck. So now there will be 3 decks with CC cabins. Maybe the time unaccounted for is when they will do the upgrading of the other decks.

Check out the 2005 Alaska itineraries and you will see the categories jump from cat 2 to CC then FV and the suites.

Zenith is scheduled for dry dock the month of January to refurbish and add balconies.

Char

click <a href="mailto:gaultchar@aol.com">here</a href> to send me an e-mail

Sorry I guess I had partially bad info ... Alaska cruises instead of Mexico cruises out of SF ... it was the Captain's Club cocktail party, Captain Petridis is a bit hard to understand, I had vacation brain (still do almost a week later, actually) ... One thing to note for those of you with affected bookings. I would hope Celebrity offers some compensation. More than a year ago, we were booked on a Mercury Western Caribbean cruise for March 2003, and learned via these boards, a few months before sailing time, that Mercury was being redeployed to the West Coast (for the type of cruise we just finally took last week!). We were offered some X and RCI options for a similar time frame PLUS a generous amount of onboard credit if we booked one of those cruises, which we did (Century WC for almost the exact same week ... got $350 onboard credit total, $150 each for hub & me, $50 for kid). Good luck to you all ... trc

Hi everyone,

As Yogi Berra once said, "It's deja vu all over again". This is exactly what we were hearing. One caller would be told "revenue has it for repricing", another one would be told "We don't have anything definite except the cruise is still on".

For about a month, there were many conflicting pieces of non-information and nothing on the web except that 3 cruises (10/24 t/a and 11/7 and 11/14 Caribbean) weren't showing up,

As I said, I quickly booked a trip that I would be very happy with and put the deposit on it. When they finally announced what they were doing, we got a $200 cabin credit and the option of the 10/24 Med cruise (added to the schedule for some reason), the 11/7 (new date) transatlantic or ability to pick another cruise at prevailing prices and take our booking credit plus the $200. We simply transferred everything to the Galaxy, had our TA get the nice sky suite we had picked, got our deposit back on the back-up reservation and moved on. The prices have gone up about $300 per person since on the SS, so we are feeling pretty good about it all. The secret was to book what we wanted, but not cancel.

Wonder why this is happening so much? It seems that some of the C-class ships are involved and they don't have pods, do they?

Bob

I am very glad I started his thread! Let's hope we can keep the pressure on Celebrity to let us know what the changes will be and very soon. In the mean time I will probably hang in there but book another trip and see what Celebrity comes up with.

cruiser dan

Re: the question "why" ... someone noted in a thread some weeks back that Princess is reportedly basing one of its big new ships out of SF sometime soon, so perhaps Celebrity is trying to keep up with the Joneses by bringing in the M-class for some cameo appearances to augment the Mercury schedule ...

Just to add to the mess -- Constellation transatlantic 9/7/04 is Red flagged -- Sold out? and there were many cabins on web the day before. (but no cc or suites)

Ray

91 days at sea w/4 lines in 6 years. Celebrity is the best for us!

Future Bookings -

-MERCURY 5/17/04 Alaska 12day

-Constellation 9/7/04 Transatlantic Westbound

-Infinity 1/31/05 South America-Rio Carnival

Archived