Another question about Pied Piper groups

donnatello

We just found out that our QM TA on Aug 20 will have a Pied Piper group on board. As I said, we just found out about that today, so obviously we did not book through PP. How "private" are their get togethers? Will hubby and I be able to participate. Do functions, parties, get togethers, etc vary based on the # of people in the PP group on a particular sailing? I posted our sailing on the G&L rollcall thread, but only got 1 "we might book this" reply. I've posted my questions similar to this on that thread, as well.

We just found out that our QM TA on Aug 20 will have a Pied Piper group on board. As I said, we just found out about that today, so obviously we did not book through PP. How "private" are their get togethers? Will hubby and I be able to participate. Do functions, parties, get togethers, etc vary based on the # of people in the PP group on a particular sailing? I posted our sailing on the G&L rollcall thread, but only got 1 "we might book this" reply. I've posted my questions similar to this on that thread, as well.

Many events are exclusive/private to the group. However, if they are in a public lounge or disco and it's not cordoned as private; you are more then welcome to socialize with the group. Per PP's website FAQs:

If I did not make a reservation with Pied Piper (either directly or through an other agency) can I still join in on the onboard Pied Piper activities?

Unfortunately, due to cruise line regulations, those passengers whose reservations are not part of the Pied Piper group can not be invited to the private Pied Piper onboard events. We regret that we can not make any exceptions to this rule and appreciate your understanding.

What if I already made a reservation for a particular cruise before I knew that a Pied Piper group would be on board, can I still be a part of the group?

Yes, in most cases, we can arrange for your reservation to be transferred to Pied Piper so that you may be a part of the group. If you made your reservation directly with the cruise line, please call us with your reservation number. If you used your own travel agent, please have them call us to make the arrangements. This process can only be done prior to the final payment date of the cruise and is subject to cruise line approval

Hi Donnatello, Comboy has great info above. You won't be able to "crash" a PP function if it's in a closed off space reserved for the group. But if it's anything like the PP cruises we've done on Celebrity, you'll probably find a bunch of the PP'ers hanging out before dinner at the equivalent of the Martini Bar. :)

I don't know whether the functions, etc. vary by the number in the group, but I have a sense that what takes place on board depends a great deal on who the PP host is, and whether there even is one. (I think they need ten before they send someone, but I'm not positive about that number.)

Have a great crossing; see you on ours.

Thank you Comboy for all of your input. Needless to say, as we're leaving in less then two weeks and the sailing is in 3, final payment was made a LONG time ago. (so we can't move the booking to PP to be included) but I'm sure we'll find the group. I'm assuming the PP group dines together, yes? And on this ship I'd guess there might be "sub groups" if any of those with PP booked grill class accommodations? And just FYI.....that would NOT be us! The timing of this sailing worked out well as we're going to the 25th anniversary party of good friend I went all through school with. She met a fellow from England, they got married and she's been living there "happily every after". With the "deal" Cunard gives for OW air in conjunction with a sailing, it's really not costing all that much more then flying RT.