celebrity eclipse aqua class

d1cso4

There are several perks, some more meaningful than others. Here are some of the more substantial perks:

*Blu will be your dining room for dinners. Blu is a more intimate venue than the main dining room; it has more of a feel of a true restaurant than the main dining room which feels more like a banquet hall. It is a misconception that Blu is "health food" (the Aqua Spa cafe has light and healthy breakfasts and lunches, but that is separate from Blu and is open to everybody). The sauces in Blu are lighter than in the main dining room, but there is still plenty of foods such as rack of lamb, steak etc. on the menu that are certainly not health food. You can also eat breakfast in Blu, but Blu is closed for lunch.

*Complimentary bottled water and flavored tea will be brought to your stateroom daily. You will also have a small vase with some fresh flowers, a fruit basket (that is replenished daily) and afternoon canapés.

*You stateroom will have a shower that has massaging jet panels. You also will have upgraded towels, toiletries and linens than a regular stateroom, an ottoman for your balcony chair and scented oil in your room (lemongrass scent).

*You will have an expanded room service menu with choices such as fresh squeezed OJ and grapefruit juice as well as fruit smoothies available for no charge.

*You have free access to the Persian Gardens area of the spa (room with sauna, steam room, rain shower and heated ceramic loungers). You also have free access to the Relaxation Room which is the spa's waiting room. There are comfortable chairs with a view out the front of the ship that some like to nap in or read in; there is also fruit infused water available in this room for no charge.

*You will receive an extra Captain's Club credit (credit in the loyalty program).

*When boarding the ship, there is a special line for Aqua Class guests that may be shorter than the regular line (but do glimpse at the regular line, as on occasions that one may be shorter).

*Sometimes the spa gives coupons to Aqua Class guests for discounts not available to people in other staterooms partway into the cruise.

We're just back from Eclipse this weekend and were in a cat 1A cabin. We loved our room and extra large balcony, but wished we'd done AquaClass and will in the future if we return. We had some lousy experiences in the main dining room, Moonlight Sonata (everything else on the ship was amazing, btw), but heard wonderful things about Blu and wished we could have dined there.

While on the Equinox we had friends in Aquaclass so we got to eat at Blu. It is nice to have a "specialty dinning" feel but not paying for it. Food is pretty similar to the MDR and you can ask to order off the MDR menu if you want.

One word of caution...if you are sensitive to perfumes and anything "scented"...stay away. I went to visit my friends and the perfumes and scented pot purri was too much for me. I stayed away from deck 11 where they were located as a result. (but that is just me who is sensitive to strong perfumes)

Hello Tigger,

thanks for your reply..i guess its almost like going by that store that store in the mall that sells the perfumes !..i am sure it will be ok. looking at videos of the aqua class it will sure be a first for us !

Celebrity's Aqua Class is the best! If you are in to soft colors, spa treatments, healthy living, etc, this is the room class for you. I stayed in an Aqua Class room on Solstice. Like tigger1968 said, eating in Blu is like eating every night in a specialty restaurant and not paying for it. Also, you can show up at any time. You do not have an assigned seat. Although, we always managed to have the same waiter, no matter where we sat.

The relaxation room is also a nice touch. It's a room all the way forward full of comfortable loungers.

*You will receive an extra Captain's Club credit (credit in the loyalty program).

I didnt know this .. is this true also for CC balconys ..which get the perks like in room flowers and champagne and the fresh OJ ..but not Blu and the spa. (Im not really a spa person)

Hello Cruz,

we didnt think we be into the spa scene either..but after being hardcore carnival fans and seeing that i get one big vacation a year..celebrity was it. wanted her to be pampered since she put up with my crazy self.

I didnt know this .. is this true also for CC balconys ..which get the perks like in room flowers and champagne and the fresh OJ ..but not Blu and the spa. (Im not really a spa person)

Yes, Concierge Class, Aqua Class and all Suites receive an extra Captain's Club credit. You also receive an extra credit for sailings of 12 nights and longer - so up to 3 credits per cruise.

• 2 years later...

I just finished a Regent cruise from Athens to Istanbul which was a mixed bag. For the amount of money spent, it was a disappointment. We were upgraded to concierge level which turned out not to be an upgrade at all. We were directly

underneath the buffet area and had very loud noise from 9-12 at night and 4-6 in the morning. When we called to complain, we were told that security would investigate, which was obviously just a way to put us off as they knew what the problem was. After 5 days (of a 12 day cruise) we were finally moved to a quieter cabin.

I am looking for a new cruise for my husband and I. Of course, bouncing around from cruise line to cruise line isn't helping us get any loyalty points but I'm not too happy with Regent right now. I've done Holland America and been pretty happy with them, but they are a big ship and I did like Regent's size.

My question is this: Would we be happy on a ship like Celebrity given that we've done Regent and liked the size (700 passengers)? It would be a lot cheaper. I'm wondering how nice the Aqua class really is, especially since we would be first time cruisers on Celebrity with no earned loyalty or captain points. Any thoughts?

Archived