Hanauma Bay

c4blunjit

We're going on Princess to Hawaii in 2 weeks. Yay! Has anyone been to Hanauma Bay for snorkeling? Is it near the port, perhaps an inexpensive taxi ride away?? Will there be taxis there to take us back to the ship?? Thanx all.

Here is a link that will give you reviews and transport info.

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g60982-d261241-Reviews-Hanauma_Bay_Nature_Preserve-Honolulu_Oahu_Hawaii.html

At the top of the page you'll website click on it for more info.

But from what I know its closed on Tuesday's and you need to get there early morning as being a Gov't Park they will close the gate once full. This bay is very very popular. I would recommend you do some sort of excursion that will guarantee that you get in.

Everyone here is right - it's not near the port, it's closed on Tuesdays, and you'll need to plan to get there early to ensure that you can get in due to capacity controls. With that said, the snorkeling is some of the best beach-based snorkeling (vs. deep water) we've ever experienced and the area is absolutely gorgeous.

We booked transportation to/from our pre-cruise hotel via Hanauma Bay Snorkel Adventures (http://www.hanaumabaysnorkel.com/) for $18pp (paid in advance via PayPal) + $7.50pp park entrance fee (paid onsite the day of the trip). I don't know if they'd pick up from the pier, but I would contact them to ask.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480