Nashville Tn

travsmom

I heard on the radio that Carnival has a sale going on for Nashville Tn residents. Do you just do a false booking to find out the price or what do you do. It specified on the radio Nashville Tn but under resident rates it will only show the state not the city also. So how do you do this.I am already booked for one Dec 16 out of New Orleans on ES

Don't know anything about the Nashville deal, but for several weeks now when I go to the Carnival homepage, it's been promoting Tennessee resident rates for cruises leaving out of NOLA (still weren't better than early saver rates). I haven't had any TN resident rates show for cruises leaving from other ports that I have looked at (Tampa, Jacksonville, Miami).

Carnival is running the same ad for MEMPHIS residents also.

If you listen to the end of the commercial for the fast talk, aka fine print. It states open for TN residents only. Just use the fair viewer and list your home state at TN. Kinda tricky/clever ads if you ask me.

It was definitely a CCL commercial. It specifically said for Nashville. At the end it said for Tennessee.

Thanks , I knew I wasn't crazy yet:) I guess I would have to call to find out what the deals is. Maybe they need some country folks:D

Hey ya'll, we'll be in Nashville next week. Saw the title of this thread & had to check it out. SW airlines had some great airfares for Nashville too. I wonder what is going on. I wonder if I can plead residency if we are only there for 5 days. I wish they'd offer specials for KS.

Nashville, we are on our way.

Hey ya'll, we'll be in Nashville next week. Saw the title of this thread & had to check it out. SW airlines had some great airfares for Nashville too. I wonder what is going on. I wonder if I can plead residency if we are only there for 5 days. I wish they'd offer specials for KS.

Come on down! If you want, you can cruise on the Cumberland on the General Jackson! No chocolate melting cake, but you can have a Goo-Goo Cluster instead!

Come on down! If you want, you can cruise on the Cumberland on the General Jackson! No chocolate melting cake, but you can have a Goo-Goo Cluster instead!

Sounds good, don't know what a goo goo cluster is, but anything with goo should be good. We are actually headed to Chattanooga. We do fly in to BNA tho. Question-- why are car rentals so high at the airport? Something about a parking fee or something. I don't want to park it, I want to drive it off the lot. And we are thinking about taking a river cruise. I am as excited for TN as I am for my upcoming cruise.

Had to click on this thread because I'll be in Nashville for 5 days starting next week. I'm excited.

I've been doing research on things to do but can anyone recommend any must see sights or restaurants?

I'm sure you will enjoy your time in Nashville.If you like history go to the Hermitage home of president Andrew Jackson,And the Parthenon is an exact replica of the one in Greece. See the Opryland Hotel the Opry Mills Mall is right beside it.The Ryman Auditorium is downtown right off Broad,it was the original Opry.Lots of things to see downtown lots of resturants all over downtown. You might enjoy Tootsie bar,all the opry stars went there after the shows. You can go to the State Museum it is a really nice one and best of all it is FREE.Have a Great time.

Definitely walk around downtown and slip in and out of the honky tonks to enjoy great music and atmosphere. Try the Melting Pot restaurant on 2nd Avenue downtown. Opry Mills is the best shopping mall experience in town. Rainforest Cafe is a fun food choice there. Nashville Shores is a fun place for kids and they have cabins for rent too. I heard Keith Urban is in town right now. There's always something fun going on around Nashville and you can't beat the hospitality. Friendly place.

Sounds good, don't know what a goo goo cluster is, but anything with goo should be good. We are actually headed to Chattanooga. We do fly in to BNA tho. Question-- why are car rentals so high at the airport? Something about a parking fee or something. I don't want to park it, I want to drive it off the lot. And we are thinking about taking a river cruise. I am as excited for TN as I am for my upcoming cruise.

I have no idea why rentals are expensive. Maybe not so much competition? A Goo-Goo Cluster is a candy made here in Nashville. Marshmallow, caramel, peanuts, covered in chocolate. They've been a sponsor of the Grand Ole Opry forever. (Deluxe version has pecans instead of peanuts.)

Downtown in the District is really a fun place, especially weekends. They are filming the new ABC show "Nashville" around town right now. Keith Urban is in town, going to do some classes with high school students this week at the Hall of Fame. You can "people" watch at the Green Hills Mall, as well as shop at upscale stores like Tiffany's, Nordstroms, eat at Cheesecake Factory, etc. The famous Bluebird Cafe is just down the street from there. It's a little hole in the wall in a strip mall that on any given night might have someone really famous trying out new material. And the Titans are playing on Sunday against the Patriots, I think. Lots to do here in our little town!

I was once told by my PVP that they will use whatever mailing address you have on file. Not sure why as its all done on-line now.

If you have family or friends in a state with a resident rate. Change your address for a while.;)

Archived