Saga & FOCL

Now Fred., has become partners with Saga,perhaps Nathan Philpot could come onto this forum and tell Saga and Freds., customers what benefit ,if any, it will be to passengers.

Will FOCL ships be less crowded,will we have more food choice,will there be a selection of toiletries in the shower room,will we have bathrobes and fruit in cabins as standard and lastly of course will prices rocket.

One of the main reasons people sail with FOCL ,they give good value for money.

Saga are very good but rather pricey for many passengers.Singles especially.

I have sailed with both FOCL and Saga ,both are great names to sail with.

Titan ,also an arm of Saga ,sail with FOCL ,and have done for a number of years ,they also sail with C&M.

Book with them and you pay far more than you would just booking FOCL. on their own.

So come on Nathan, give us passengers the "gen" and lets know what are the benefits.:confused:

If the prices with Saga are competitive it would be worth using them if only for the door-to-door transfers. I agree that Tital prices are very high. It is a pity for I have used them many time for non-cruise holidays and their service was excellent.

I notice that FOCL is not yet included in the Saga website for cruises.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bill, no they are not on Sagas website and evidently FOCL don,t want to comment on it either. Shame really,because although I do like cruising with both lines ,Saga is superior to FOCL but of course in many circumstances far more expensive.

I,ve always found both companies charge exorbitant prices for solo cruisers but heyho,after being offered great single deals last winter by both Cunard and P&O ,if the deals are there again this winter ,its FOCL and Sagas loss.

I like the door2door pickup,living in the wilds of North Shropshire its very useful,however I can get a return train fair to Southampton from my local station ,with my train card ,for approx., £21 ,faster and more comfortable than mini bus or coach.:)

Now Fred., has become partners with Saga.

Well not really, as I read it, Saga are merely going to be a sales agent for Fred. It's not clear if they are just going to flog Fred's cruises, or if they will package them with their transport to the ships (presumably at a higher price).