airport question

tylerdad

We are cruising out of Galveston this coming Oct. I would rather fly into Hobby but it looks like the only option to us is to fly into George Bush airport. Anything that I should be aware/concerned with?

We are cruising out of Galveston this coming Oct. I would rather fly into Hobby but it looks like the only option to us is to fly into George Bush airport. Anything that I should be aware/concerned with?

Budget more time to get to the port. Figure at least 1.5 hours, plus more time if traffic is bad.

No, nothing really. Assuming you are flying direct from Vancouver (I looked up Maple Ridge on google maps :D ) It should be a direct flight into IAH (assuming you are on the direct United flight) it really should be easy. If you get to clear US customs and Immigration up there like they do in Toronto it would be even easier as it would be a "domestic" flight. The only thing is you are about 45-60 min further away for the port than if you went into Hobby but not really all that big of a deal. (Hobby is south of downtown where IAH is north of downtown)

We are also flying into IAH 2 days before cruising out of Galveston in Oct and can't decide whether to have 2 nights pre cruise in Houston or Galveston.

We won't be hiring a car so will rely on transfers/cars/taxis.

We're also staying 'somewhere' 3 nights post cruise. I had thought about Galveston but can't remember if it's easy to get around without a car. It's 10 yrs since we were there and we did have a hire car then.

Any advice on options would help.

We are also flying into IAH 2 days before cruising out of Galveston in Oct and can't decide whether to have 2 nights pre cruise in Houston or Galveston.

We won't be hiring a car so will rely on transfers/cars/taxis.

We're also staying 'somewhere' 3 nights post cruise. I had thought about Galveston but can't remember if it's easy to get around without a car. It's 10 yrs since we were there and we did have a hire car then.

Any advice on options would help.

depends on the hotel in Galveston we normally stay at Hilton and that is walking distance to several restaurants and the beach

depends on the hotel in Galveston we normally stay at Hilton and that is walking distance to several restaurants and the beach

Hilton booked pre cruise and post cruise. Wow, they have the monopoly on pre cruise prices! (but it looks lovely)

Now to sort out IAH to The Hilton and return. Any good ideas?

Does The Hilton have a free Port shuttle?

what are the 2 closest airports to the port of Galveston and how far away are they ??? thank you in advance.

IAH - George Bush Intercontinental Airport (aka the big airport) is about 70 miles from Galveston

HOU - William P. Hobby Airport (aka the old airport) is about 40 miles from Galveston

what are the 2 closest airports to the port of Galveston and how far away are they ??? thank you in advance.

What airline are you looking to fly? Southwest, your choice is HOU or HOU. United you can use IAH or IAH. Delta and American have a few flights into HOU but mostly IAH.