Which Premier Inn - County Hall or Waterloo?

phabric

I like the Premier Inn County Hall or Premier Inn Waterloo(Westminster).

I think they are very close to each other. Both are the same price.

Which one to choose?

Edited by phabric

They're just a few hundred yards apart, no real difference in relative convenience.

Haven't stayed in either, but the big difference is that Waterloo is a modern hotel & pretty standard, whereas the County Hall one is in a tolerably-historic & iconic set of buildings - County Hall was built as London County Council's headquarters. So Waterloo is a cloned "international" hotel & County Hall is more "England". In County Hall there will be compromises due to its layout, large & small room sizes etc.

I suggest you decide whether you want a standard hotel or one that's just a bit quirky.

And of course any significant price difference.

JB :)

I recently booked the Waterloo hotel due to the AC. I will be traveling in the summer and I do not want to be without air conditioning. Other than that I could see no difference between the two hotels.

Good point :) It's quite rare that I ever think about AC in a hotel in the UK, but a good differentiator between these two Premier Inns.

We stayed in the Premier Inn County Hall this past July. It was unusually hot and the hotel has no A/C in the rooms, so it was a bit uncomfortable. The hotel was very clean and the staff very friendly. I would stay there again, just not in summer months. We picked this hotel over Waterloo because of the price, but learned why the difference once we got there.

• 1 month later...

We stayed at PI Waterloo in Oct and loved it. Great location for the train station, river walk, HOHO bus, LondonEye, other attractions. And the restaurant/bar in the basement is excellent!!! Comfy beds, clean modern bath. We were in a rear room - no view but it was quiet. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. There were some coffee shops, a restaurant & drug store down the street. We'll be back.

• 1 month later...

Very glad to see this thread we were considering between the two also and since we will be there late July CA will probably be welcome, looks like Waterloo will work best for us. Thanks for the info.

Bev

Sent from my SM-T900 using Forums mobile app

You can walk one to the other in less than 5 minutes. One is by the river and the other the road behind it. Both in good places. We've stayed at the Waterloo one, very comfortable beds and pillows. All premier inns gave a guarantee of a good nights sleep so if you don't get one you can complain.

• 3 months later...

Thank you for your input on laundry facilities! We are staying here 4 nights before our 7 night cruise (the cruise line doesn't have self serve laundry facilities either), so just trying to figure out if we can do a load of laundry before our cruise...

Thank you for your input on laundry facilities! We are staying here 4 nights before our 7 night cruise (the cruise line doesn't have self serve laundry facilities either), so just trying to figure out if we can do a load of laundry before our cruise...

Here's a link to self serv laundries in London. Looks like there's one within walking distance of Premier Inn. Find the London Eye - center right, then zoom in.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=zsY6_dXjlijo.kuwlu3tgWczc

• 7 months later...

We stayed at Premier Inn Waterloo for 5 nights late last year. Loved it. Very good location, especially if you know how to take the buses. Had plenty of fun and good memories. Just across the bridge is the London West End, with plenty of musicals running. You could walk across if you wanted to.

I made this video for keeps. We got a room in the tower block, on the 14th (top) floor. Good views!

[YOUTUBE]HheNQ7-vXNE[/YOUTUBE]