Magic. April 2016.

Sharpclan05

A couple days ago I was worked over by a five year old. We just canceled a NCL cruise this year to take him on Disney next year!!!! Hope it will be as amazing as our last Disney cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just be aware that the Magic has been re-imagined. So things might not be quite how you remember them.

Haven't been on the "new" Magic yet, but I'm going to hazard a guess that the cruise will be Magical.

Just be aware that the Magic has been re-imagined. So things might not be quite how you remember them.

Haven't been on the "new" Magic yet, but I'm going to hazard a guess that the cruise will be Magical.

We were on the Magic twice this year, and this past week we sailed the Wonder for the first time in 7 years. Wow. I had a great time, but it made me really value the changes that were made to the Magic. If you liked the Magic before you'll love it in 16 months. Enjoy.

We were on the Magic twice this year, and this past week we sailed the Wonder for the first time in 7 years. Wow. I had a great time, but it made me really value the changes that were made to the Magic. If you liked the Magic before you'll love it in 16 months. Enjoy.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how I'll like the new Magic. I like the look of the classic ships. I have this feeling that the Magic is sort of a "mini-me" of the Dream class ships now. I think each ship should have it's own personality.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how I'll like the new Magic. I like the look of the classic ships. I have this feeling that the Magic is sort of a "mini-me" of the Dream class ships now. I think each ship should have it's own personality.

No, the Magic is not a mini Dream or Fantasy. Some of the changes are wonderful, some I don't like. In fact the ones I don't like are usually those the copy the new ships.

IMHO, removal of the grand chandelier and converting the atrium to one staircase was a mistake. Some of the adult only areas are boring now, but some are much improved. The new Marvel Academy is great as is the revised Animator's Palate.

You can have the stupid "duck tail" which we were told was needed to counterbalance the "Dunk."

But all said, she is cleaned up and beautiful, and we enjoyed every minute of our 28 days on board this year.

One of the main reasons we choose the Magic for a second time was the Marvel addition. A five year old boy loves superheroes and can't wait. We called Disney and that is the only ship and they have no plans to add it else where. We took our other kids six years ago and they loved it and are looking forward to another Disney Cruise even as teenagers.

Short story. Why wife and I had cruised several times before on a couple different lines, but had left the kids with Grandparents for adult time. So when we decided to go on Disney we didn't tell them. We told them that daddy wanted to see the Space Shuttle at Cape Canaveral. They were NOT happy. So as we drive down the road and crest over the hill and see the beautiful ships off to the left of course my children more excited to see them. We drove over so that the children were told they could take pictures of the boat. As they go to retrieve their camera from the rear of the truck a sign unfolds that says welcome aboard. Seeing the look of sheer joy on our children's face is the most magical experience I have ever had.

More to come next time....

• 1 month later...

Marvel Academy was....interesting. They have one of the real suits used in the movie in a plexiglass case. The most fun part was when they opened it for a special "adults only" session--watch the dads play!

You WILL have a Magical time.

Edited by moki'smommy

Moki.

Just so I am clear they let the adults get in the suit. My boy would totally think daddy is a super hero!!!!

Sharp

NO! I am SO sorry. On our cruise, they had a special "adults only" time in the Club which included doing the Marvel Academy. You DO NOT get to wear or touch the actual suit from the movie. It is maintained at all times in the plexiglass case. You just get to see it.

However, if dad does Marvel Academy, there will be a set of photos showing hi as a superhero. The cameras are set so that if you do the "program" it takes photos at specific moments. THese are printed as a montage of your experience.

Adults can also do the Marvel Academy during any "open house" hours. We were just fortunate that they had the "Adults only time in the Club." That way, no one felt they were interfering with kids play or taking time that a kid could have used.

The "IT" in my confusing post was Marvel Academy and the Oceaneer's Club, NOT the suit. I'm really sorry.

Edited by moki'smommy