Quality Inn & Suites Maison on St Charles in NOLA - did I get a good deal?

GPop&Nana

Hi all,

This will be our first time cruising out of NOLA. I booked the Quality Inn & Suites Maison on St Charles and got one of their two bedroom suites (w/balcony overlooking St. Charles) for call it $250 - this includes parking for the week.

Clearly I can cancel if this is a bad choice, I have a year - I just like to plan ahead.

Nana

We stayed there last March - not in a suite, just a regular double room. We were very happy with it and will stay there again without hesitation. It is a little older but that just adds to the New Orleans / Garden District charm !!! Very nice outside and courtyard areas to sit and relax. It was very clean and within walking distance of lots of places to eat. The St. Charles Tavern (I think is the name) just down the street is very good - we had an evening meal and breakfast there. Of course, the street car stops right out front and taxis show up by the droves when you call for one !! About a 10 minute ride to the port. Don't think you will be disappointed. :)

Thanks - it has mostly good reviews, and considering we have the boys with us who wouldn't share a bed for anything the two bedrooms were a godsend. Figured two rooms were needed either way...so.

Also thank you for the info on the St Charles Tavern - will have to check that one out.

Nana

I think you received a great deal. We are staying at Homewood Suites in a two bedroom suite for app $290 per night and that doesn't include parking. Have a great time with your planning, it is one of my favorite parts of the trip.

For two balcony rooms, that's not bad.

We stayed there for 2 nights before our cruise from NO just before Hurricane Katrina hit. However, the room rate then for a regular double was about $75 w/tax plus free parking. Apparently, the owners wised up and just added to their rates what the cruise terminal parking facility was charging for a week.

This time, we're staying in Pearl River for 2 nights, and will park about 1 block from the terminal ($67 for the week). Website is http://neworleansparking.com. Discovered company in tour guide at NOLA.com.

Nana,

Do you know if parking is automatically included when you book online? A 2 BR suite is available for a better price than two rooms, so I'm thinking of booking it. I just can't find anything that says you can leave your car there.

Nana,

Do you know if parking is automatically included when you book online? A 2 BR suite is available for a better price than two rooms, so I'm thinking of booking it. I just can't find anything that says you can leave your car there.

I doubt you can. That hotel doesn't have any extra parking to spare.

Nana,

Call the hotel directly, that's what I did. We have a 2 bedroom suite, not two rooms.

Well I have the Stay and Cruise booked with them for April 6 of this year - so guessing they can.:D

Ha - that's why I said "doubt" and not "no". They must have some off-property hidden parking somewhere. Last time I stayed there it was always hard to find a spot.

Of course maybe that was because of all you park-and-cruisers :mad:

:D

Archived