Is there a Safe in my room?

makwis

Hi, I am going on the Mariner of the Seas in October of 2006. I have cruised on Carnival before but have a question regarding safes. Is there a safe in every room, like there is on Carnival? My friend was just on a smaller Royal Caribbean ship and she said there was not one in her room. I just thought they were a standard in every room. Please help this confused woman! :)

..but you will on the Mariner. You are correct, it is a general standard on all cruiseships to have a safe.

Except for your friend's ofcourse..

Any RCI vets know which ship that one could be?

Mitch

Thanks for your help. I knew I would get an answer here. My friend was on the Empress of the Seas and I would not be suprised if she didn't see the safe. But, that clears up any confusion I have as far as the safes are concerned. Now only if we could figure out a way to have time pass more quickly.....;)

Makwis - your friend may just be right. When we were on the Empress in January, deck 8 outside, we did not have a safe. Guess some had them and some didn't. We were told, at the time, they would be installing them in all rooms but I haven't heard that yet. Cathy

• 4 weeks later...

Some of the safes use a magnetic strip such as on one of your credit cards to lock and unlock, but on most of RCI's newer ships there is a keypad with which you enter your own four digit code. These are IMHO preferable since sometimes another member of your party may need to access the safe and if you are not in the room and have the card with the magnetic strip with you, they are unable to do so.

Archived