Latitudes Rewards - Welcome Gift

SeaShark

Those who have sailed in the recent past are probably already aware, but for those who have not or are not...

NCL has discontinued the Fresh Fruit Basket as the Welcome Aboard Gift for their Gold and Platinum Latitude members. This item has been replaced with an 8-piece Gold Ballotin box of assorted Godiva Chocolates. :D

BALLOTIN8_75885_02.jpg

The chocolates in the box (as pictured above) are:

Top Row, L-R

Almond Praline Raindrop

Roaster almond praline in milk chocolate

Milk Praline Heart

Our signature hazelnut praline in milk chocolate

Raspberry Ganache Twirl

Dark chocolate and raspberry-infused ganache in dark chocolate

Raspberry Star

Raspberry puree in white chocolate

Bottom Row, L-R

Dark Ganache Bliss

Dark chocolate ganache made with 72% chocolate

Dark Lion of Belgium

Butterscotch caramel in dark chocolate

Pecan Caramel Duet

Crunchy pecan-filled caramel over chocolate caramel enrobed in milk chocolate

Midnight Swirl

Dark chocolate ganache made with 85% chocolate

---So far, the change in gifts has been met with largely positive reviews. :)

Funny. These were waiting in our suite for us on the last cruise and I assumed they were a gift from our travel agent, since there was no note from anyone.

But this picture is the exact assortment we had, so it must have been from NCL. Looking forward to the next box!

Funny. These were waiting in our suite for us on the last cruise and I assumed they were a gift from our travel agent, since there was no note from anyone.

But this picture is the exact assortment we had, so it must have been from NCL. Looking forward to the next box!

You know, I didn't know where they came from either. We boarded the Pearl on May 5 and got the box of chocolates, different assortment than what is pictured above. No note. I thought it was a Haven thing. I had no idea but now it makes sense. I'm Platinum.

SeaShark....thanks so very much for posting this. I for one did not know this and my DH is very happy about getting Godiva chocolates i/o fruit.

I prefer the fruit but last few times we got so much fruit it was way too much.

This must be costing NCL a fortune! :)

I've been using some of them as gifts for friends and family. It's been great. I've given away 4 boxes of much adored fine French chocolate so far thanks to NCL. It's a $15 gift for someone that you don't have to buy.

I've been using some of them as gifts for friends and family. It's been great. I've given away 4 boxes of much adored fine French chocolate so far thanks to NCL. It's a $15 gift for someone that you don't have to buy.

Hellooooooooo! How are you??? :D

Ours lasted 3 days then we used the empty box to put the nighttime mints from the pillows in which we did bring home and our kids ate them the first week we were home.

French chocolate is not fine at all.

Godiva is Belgian chocolate :D

Those who have sailed in the recent past are probably already aware, but for those who have not or are not...

NCL has discontinued the Fresh Fruit Basket as the Welcome Aboard Gift for their Gold and Platinum Latitude members. This item has been replaced with an 8-piece Gold Ballotin box of assorted Godiva Chocolates. :D

BALLOTIN8_75885_02.jpg

The chocolates in the box (as pictured above) are:

Top Row, L-R

Almond Praline Raindrop

Roaster almond praline in milk chocolate

Milk Praline Heart

Our signature hazelnut praline in milk chocolate

Raspberry Ganache Twirl

Dark chocolate and raspberry-infused ganache in dark chocolate

Raspberry Star

Raspberry puree in white chocolate

Bottom Row, L-R

Dark Ganache Bliss

Dark chocolate ganache made with 72% chocolate

Dark Lion of Belgium

Butterscotch caramel in dark chocolate

Pecan Caramel Duet

Crunchy pecan-filled caramel over chocolate caramel enrobed in milk chocolate

Midnight Swirl

Dark chocolate ganache made with 85% chocolate

---So far, the change in gifts has been met with largely positive reviews. :)

this is fine with us. We usually only ate about 1/2 the fruit, some of it never really got ripe. If we don't eat the candy, which I am sure we will, it can be taken home. The fruit could not.

Ours was a different assortment...box was square where this one looks oblong. Still very good. I thought it was part of our platinum package because it all came together but did not 'cotton on' to the fact that it replaced the fruit basket which, to be honest, I never even missed!

Thanks for posting.

Ours lasted 3 days then we used the empty box to put the nighttime mints from the pillows in which we did bring home and our kids ate them the first week we were home.

Good idea! We never eat our "pillow" chocolates because it's too late at night for us to eat them. I think we'll try your idea!:)

These chocolates replaced the fruit almost a year ago. Surprised so many seem not to know. We gave my mom one of the two boxes we received in December with her Christmas presents.:)

that was new news to me too. I'll be gold after my next sailing in October so my Thanksgiving sailing will make me gold. Looking forward to the yumminess. Thanks for sharing.

Does each gold member get one?

No. One per stateroom.

Archived