Follow my travels round South America

tartanexile81

We'll be leaving Scotland in just over a week's time and setting sail on a British ship, Fred Olsen's Black Watch. We start by heading South to Madeira, Tenerife and Cape Verde before crossing the Atlantic and visiting ports in Brazil (not the Amazon) Uruguay, Argentina. Chile, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, Panama and then into the Caribbean for some island-hopping before heading back across the Atlantic.

I would LOVE to do a 'live from.....' but I know I haven't got the staying power but if anybody would like to follow my travels on Twitter you'll find me on

@arrbee54.

I will tweet once a day with a sentence or two and a photo, all starting on 4th January. I'm getting very excited now although anxious too as we'll be away for 10 weeks and we've never been on any Fred Olsen ships before nor have we ever been away for more than 35 days.

Hope you'll follow me.

Edited by tartanexile81

I'm leaving today from Rio going around the horn and will try and do a "Live From" while on board. We will be a little ahead of you but you can follow along. Was going to do it on the Princess board but no reason why I can't copy it to this section too.

I've never done a live from but we have so many sea days! Look out for it. Maybe it will help you.

I'm leaving today from Rio going around the horn and will try and do a "Live From" while on board. We will be a little ahead of you but you can follow along. Was going to do it on the Princess board but no reason why I can't copy it to this section too.

I've never done a live from but we have so many sea days! Look out for it. Maybe it will help you.

Please do copy to this thread! I will be on the Ruby Princess out of FLL and cruising around S.A. beginning at the end of January, and would love to read about your take on your cruise and the ports.

Thanks Sox Fan. We leave here on Monday and will be sailing South then West visiting several ports in Europe / West Africa before we reach Rio so your "live from" will be useful.

Bon Voyage :)