Ruby vs Grand childrens programs

MoyCoy

I have sailed the grand twice on cruises less than 5 days. I was considering sailing the Ruby to Alaska with my 4 year old twins. I was wondering what was the difference (if any) between the children programs. I like the program on Grand. The Counselor mentioned to me that more is offer on longer cruises. I wonder if there are additional offerings on the Ruby since she is a younger ship.

Thank you:D

We've sailed on the Caribbean, Grand, Ruby, and Crown and our son has experienced Pelicans and Shockwaves many times through the years. We have found remarkable consistency in the children's programs on these four ships . . . consistency in terms of the types of activities and the quality of the staff.

This past Christmas we did a 5 day/3 day back-to-back (our first cruises of fewer than 7 days). Our son reported that, yes, the range of activities was more limited on these shorter cruises.

I would think it's the number of kids on board that would limit activities. Our first Princess cruise was in mid-February and my daughter was one of only three 5-year-olds. Plenty to do but still not the full range of activities. That was a seven day cruise. After that, our cruises on Princess ships were when there were more kids and there were more types of activities.

We were on the Grand last year on a 10 day. Kids club was great however there were only 9 kids on the ship and our 3 year old got bored. However when there were 5 kids there it was like pulling our son out of a toy store.

Edited by BCCRUSINGCOUPLE