Shuttles from the Manhattan Cruise Terminal to Newark Airport

oceancruiser1

We are taking a cruise from the Cruise Terminal in Manhattan on Jan 13th returning on the 23rd. Does anyone know if there are shuttles that we can prebook to pick us up at the terminal on our arrival back to NY and take us to the Newark Airport? We are spending a few days before the cruise in Manhattan so we will just take a cab from the hotel. Or??? any other suggestions on how to get back to the Newark airport...

Thanks

You don't say which cruise line you are going on? We went out of NYC with carnival in june and had a transfer paid for with carnival. It was 40pp and worth it...until we found out carnival takes about 40% of that as profit. I'll have to look thru our souvenier stuff to find the name of the service we used. With working I won't be able to get to it until sometime this weekend but I'll look.

There's always the option of taking the airport's train service to the end of the line and hopping on the air train to ny penn station and then a cab to your hotel (depending on the amount of luggage you have). I'll assume that the knowledgable nyc posters will be along with tons of options for you:D

You don't say which cruise line you are going on? We went out of NYC with carnival in june and had a transfer paid for with carnival. It was 40pp and worth it...until we found out carnival takes about 40% of that as profit. ...

why does that surprise you? Its the going rate for shore excursions...if not more. They cruise lines are profit making entities they don't do anything just for free...

The least expensive way so far is a cab to the Port Authority Bus terminal and then the airporter bus that goes directly from the Port Authority every 15 minutes or so to the airport.

http://www.coachusa.com/olympia/ss.newarkairport.asp

Its $15 pp each way. The cab from the cruise terminal to PA is about $10....its really not far the Bus terminal is at at 41st street and 8-9th avenue....the Manhattan cruise terminal is at 48-52nd street and 12th avenue...you can walk it if you want. I suggest the bus instead of the train for two reasons...The schedule is better and once on the bus no changing right to your terminal. The train you will have to change at least once and there won't be any help.

why does that surprise you? Its the going rate for shore excursions...if not more. They cruise lines are profit making entities they don't do anything just for free...

Ummm I didn't say it surprised me that they profitted for setting up the service (they did something for their money). I still found it worth the monies paid but not so worth it for the guy actually doing the driving. I'm sure his share of the pie was WAY smaller than 60% of the $40.

I also agree that a straight shot would be much better than trying to change trains, especially if you have luggage. We used the trains from an airport hotel mainly for the experience. We're in one of the bigger towns in PA but have never experienced the bustle of a train station such as NYC's. I enjoyed it as did the better half. She however reminded me of how grateful we were to not have our 2 little ones along since they can be a handlful at times (ages 7 and 4).

Thanks we are on NCL... hadn't thought about taking the airportor bus . I will look into that now... though I did just find a shuttle that we can prebook calld Go Airlink NYC and it is only $46.00 for two. Does anyone know anything about this shuttle service. Is it reputable? etc...

Thanks we are on NCL... hadn't thought about taking the airportor bus . I will look into that now... though I did just find a shuttle that we can prebook calld Go Airlink NYC and it is only $46.00 for two. Does anyone know anything about this shuttle service. Is it reputable? etc...

Go link is reputable BUT in NYC all these operators are not as good as other places. I use super shuttle in CA all the time. But in NY they are just not as good as in CA.

Go link is reputable BUT in NYC all these operators are not as good as other places. I use super shuttle in CA all the time. But in NY they are just not as good as in CA.

What do you mean they are "not as good"... Do you know if the price they quote you is including all the tolls?

I'm really starting to think that the bus might be the best way to go anyway. Do you know if there are lots of cabs waiting at the cruise terminal when we disembark?

What do you mean they are "not as good"... Do you know if the price they quote you is including all the tolls?

I'm really starting to think that the bus might be the best way to go anyway. Do you know if there are lots of cabs waiting at the cruise terminal when we disembark?

I mean that the reports is they are not as timely and not as reliable as I found other similar services in other places. I haven't used the goairlink myself. Its my understanding that in the shared services like goairlink its all included except a tip.

There are always lots of cabs and lots of people too at the Manhattan cruise terminal but within an hour everyone is in a cab and on their way.

Both myself and some of my employees have used GoAirlink. As smeyer418 posted, this is NOT the reliable service that Super Shuttle is in other places. I had a decent experience going FROM JFK to Manhattan. My employees had absolutely horrendous experiences getting from Manhattan TO JFK and LGA. Around and around, from hotel to apt to hotel until the van was full. One person was almost late for his plane because it took almost 2 hours to pick up everyone in Manhattan. Lots of complaints about late pickups and late drop offs by other passengers.

By taking a cab to the Port Authority bus terminal and getting the Airporter bus, at least you KNOW what time the bus is leaving. No waiting around picking up others.

IF you don't want to spend money for private transport (expensive, I agree), then either round up enough people to fill the Airlink van with YOUR people OR take the bus. I sure wouldn't want to be driving around Manhattan picking up this person and that person when all I wanted was a ride to the airport.

Archived