St. John Trunk Bay

dreamzcometrue

Yes, of course there is plenty of space to enjoy the beach....we snorkeled there a couple years ago and enjoyed the beach. It is beautiful and wasn't crowded when we were there.

People must feed the fish, b/c my husb. had his finger bit when he was floating in the water. I think the fish thought his outstreched hand was food. It startled him but didn't hurt....

Absolutely terrific excursion just for the transportation over and the scenery alone. Would recommend it in a heartbeat (though you will give up your day in St. Thomas as it takes all day to ferry over - taxi - beach and return.)

We have been to Trunk Bay a couple of times. It is less crowded than Meagans Bay in St.Thomas and the scenery is beautiful. The snorkeling is not the best we have done but it is fine. Instead of doing the ships excursion to St. John we usually do it ourselves. We usually grab a cab to the ferry and take it over ourselves and take a shuttle to Trunk Bay. It is about half the cost as the cruiseline. We also like to walk around St. John and grab a bite to eat at the local resturaunts and then give us enough time to grab the ferry back to St. Thomas so my wife can do her shopping before boarding the ship.

Has anyone done the excursion to St. John Trunk Bay, we are on the Ruby in Dec. My question is I do not snorkle, my husband does, is there a spot that I could just sit on the beach and read while he snorkles?

Beach and snorkel time is about 45 minutes on the excursion.

You may want to do it on your own so you are not rushed.

We did this trip on our own and it was fabulous, beautiful and not crowded. Our taxi driver stopped by the side of the road on our way to the beach so we could take pictures of Trunk Bay from above. I have a beautiful photo framed to remind me of a great vacation.

We did it on our own because we wanted to spend more time there. After adding transportation, entrance fee and snorkeling vest rental, we paid about the same as the excursion charge, except that we did spend more time there.

We were a group of snorkelers and non-snorkelers. Everybody found things to do. There were some rocky areas around the shore. You can see the fish from the rocks without snorkeling. It wasn't crowded on the day when we were there. We had a great time.

We went to Trunk bay on our own a few times on different ships than Princess and absolutely loved it. Only drawback was reliability of the ferry from Charlotte Amalie over to St. John. Remember to give yourself enough time in case of a problem. The ship won't wait!

We had wild burros on the beach with us - it was fantastic. Maybe not the best snorkeling but certainly beautiful swimming and relaxing.:D

We're sailing on the Emerald in March and have every intention of going to St. John. There's plenty of perfume and booze in the other ports, I'm sure!

Archived