Hotel stay-Amora Hotel Jamison

floralscent

We are cruising Sydney to Auckland on the Celebrity Solstice in December 2015 and are flying from the US. We want to arrive in Sydney 1 day before our cruise and are searching for a hotel (wish we had more vacation time to stay longer).

Not having traveled to Sydney before I am surprised at all the types of accommodations and varying prices. We are considering a stay at Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney on 11 Jamison Street since it seems like a decent place, reasonably priced and within walking distance to Circular Quay.

Does anyone have recent experience at this hotel? Is it clean? What does this hotel compare to in the US? I noticed that not all hotels in Sydney have their own bathroom...does this hotel? Is this hotel really within walking distance to Circular Quay/the ship? Are there a lot of sights to go to on foot from Amora?

Some reviews mention they have walked to Circular Quay from this hotel but how far is it then from the port to the ship? In Fort Lauderdale it is a long way from the entrance of the port to the ship.

Any other tips or suggestions would be appreciated!

We are cruising Sydney to Auckland on the Celebrity Solstice in December 2015 and are flying from the US. We want to arrive in Sydney 1 day before our cruise and are searching for a hotel (wish we had more vacation time to stay longer).

Not having traveled to Sydney before I am surprised at all the types of accommodations and varying prices. We are considering a stay at Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney on 11 Jamison Street since it seems like a decent place, reasonably priced and within walking distance to Circular Quay.

Does anyone have recent experience at this hotel? Is it clean? What does this hotel compare to in the US? I noticed that not all hotels in Sydney have their own bathroom...does this hotel? Is this hotel really within walking distance to Circular Quay/the ship? Are there a lot of sights to go to on foot from Amora?

Some reviews mention they have walked to Circular Quay from this hotel but how far is it then from the port to the ship? In Fort Lauderdale it is a long way from the entrance of the port to the ship.

Any other tips or suggestions would be appreciated!

Yes they have their own bathroom. Has a separate shower and tub.

It was an easy train ride in from the airport.

I answered some in the other post. Nothing like FLL. Even much closer than Copenhagen. The ship very very close. It isn't a huge commercial port area. The ferries are at the one end of the area. We left out of the other terminal, but did walk around the area when we did Alaska- Maybe closest to Canada Place in Vancouver? . 8b2c6709bfcc3a0f40d1fd9e04cb1738.jpg

That is the edge of Carnival (I think Legend) out past the end of the terminal. We walked past the entire thing yesterday a few times. 9f1a7f0ef5d85bb9ae2850a73563cf0f.jpg

It is about 1km from the hotel. It is down hill from the hotel. So if you can handle your luggage you should be fine. Or catch a cab

There are some museums we past, the bridge climb, the opera house is just on the other side ~ 1.5 km.

Our tour out of the city is picking us up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by MonDreamr1

MonDreamr1, thank you for your reply! Your photos are beautiful and made my heart skip a beat!!! It sounds like you are visiting there now...lucky you.

Was the hotel clean? I have read year old reviews that said the rooms really needed a pick me up and were worn but some don't mention that.

Did you actually walk to the ship yourself? If so was it a hassle at all, with lots of people in the way, traffic, etc. i know we can certainly make the walk but don't want to deal with lots of obstacles all while pulling a few pieces of luggage. Just trying to figure out if this is a nice fun leisurely walk or not worth it.

Does the hotel have a shuttle from the airport or to the ship?

Thanks again!

We are in a renovated room. Very clean. So I think it varies by which floor you get.

We board today (Saturday). The streets are calm compared to the work week. I don't know which day you are leaving. You can always take the train one stop and avoid a lot of the street crossing.

Don't believe there was a shuttle. We took the train in from the airport to Wynward station. ;one passed the port stop. Easy to get around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Floralscent, I might also suggest the Holiday Inn Old Sydney in the Rocks. It is literally 1 block from the ship and you can easily walk down the hill to the ship from the hotel. We stayed here both before and after our Royal Caribbean cruise in Feb. Lovely hotel in a very walkable area.