Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Thomson Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old July 3rd, 2013, 07:07 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Celebration Itinerary Change

Celebration are now going to Ag Nik, Crete and Haifa, Israel instead of Alexandria and Port Said. Thomson hoping to return to correct itinerary on 22 July.

Repatriation of holidaymakers in Luxor area happening today.

Red Sea resorts ok to travel to.

Info on Thomson booking site under Travel Alerts.

Old July 3rd, 2013, 07:19 AM
Cool Cruiser

such a shame, not just for holidaymakers but for the people of that unique country

I guess this is the risk you take with foreign travel....however, times like this I think we can trust thoms to care for their clients (they always have done in the past)

and not so disappointing for cruisers as celebration can continue onto other ports......tbh I much prefer haifa to port said anyway, would consider that a bit of a bonus

Old July 3rd, 2013, 07:24 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Maybe we now see why Celebration was moved to the Canaries next winter?

Previously
Thomson Celebration x 4
Thomson Spirit x 3
Thomson Destiny x 3
Thomson Dream x 2
Thomson Majesty x 2
P&O Ventura x 5
P&O Oceana x 5
P&O Arcadia

To come
Oceana December 2014
Oceana February 2015
Britannia May 2015
Emerald Princess July 2015
Thomson Majesty October 2015
Oceana December 2015
Aurora February 2016

Old July 3rd, 2013, 07:25 AM
Cool Cruiser

That's good news for the Cruisers. Although some will be upset at not seeing the sights they wanted to see it's better to be safe, I certainly wouldn't feel safe in those ports right now.

Hope the people of Egypt get all their troubles sorted soon without too much upheaval, the last thing they need is a civil war.

Old July 12th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Cool Cruiser

i booked this cruise mainly to go to the pyramids, i understand the problems in egypt are not thomsons fault, but theyre not my fault either. i asked to cancel but hit a brick wall. "only a minor alteration" they said so no money back, dont think missing egypt on an "EGYPT and the holy land" cruise is minor at all, abta agree with me by the way. hoping we still go

Old July 13th, 2013, 02:34 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee666dog View Post
i booked this cruise mainly to go to the pyramids, i understand the problems in egypt are not thomsons fault, but theyre not my fault either. i asked to cancel but hit a brick wall. "only a minor alteration" they said so no money back, dont think missing egypt on an "EGYPT and the holy land" cruise is minor at all, abta agree with me by the way. hoping we still go
As much as it is a shame for you, Thomson would not go against FCO guidelines & certainly would not put 1300 passengers & 600 crew at risk by going there. I guess they are offering an alternative but I am surprised they won't offer a refund if you really don't want to travel to the alternative area....

Old July 13th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee666dog View Post
Hi Lee

Understand how you feel but if the FO are advising against travel to the area I think Thomson T&C/Agreement in the brochure covers their back on the likes of this and not classed as a major change

Important note - events beyond our control

Events beyond our control include: war, threat of war, riots, civil disturbances, terrorist activity and its consequences, industrial disputes, natural and nuclear disasters, fire, epidemics, health risks and pandemics, unavoidable and unforeseeable technical problems with transport for reasons beyond our control or that of our suppliers; closed or congested airports or ports, hurricanes and other actual or potential severe weather conditions, and any other similar events.

Last edited by Jim The Scot; July 13th, 2013 at 07:53 AM.

Old July 13th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Cool Cruiser

Hi Jim. I totally understand the safety issue and wouldn't want to take my wife to a place Ive been advised not to travel too. I was just miffed because I'm not getting what I've paid for. Obviously Thomson are going to put people's safety first and quite right. But I'm in business, if someone pays me for something and further down the line I can't deliver, for whatever reason, they'd be offered an alternative, if that wasn't acceptable then it'll be a refund so they can try somewhere else. I don't think I'm being unreasonable, I just want what I paid for or my money back. I've read the t&c, very well covered, well done them

Old July 13th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hi lee...Totally understand and would feel exactly the same if it was me.Itinerary is an integral part of a cruise.