Live from Summit 4/14-4/21

gmros

I'm not on the Summit yet, not even close! :( I'm at NY Laguardia airport now waiting to board our flight to San Juan.

I want to start the thread now so if anyone has any questions (including airport, etc), I may be able to check it out before it's too late. So ask away! However, I can't guarantee I will be able to answer all. So I want to apologize in advance.

Be back in a few!

Posted using Tapatalk. Sorry for typing errors.

We are on this cruise too. Currently in the Marriott getting ready to go to the ship. Well...my wife is getting ready, I'm laying around reading cruise critic! Yesterday was beautiful weather. Perfect beach weather all morning then some clouds rolled in. Today it is raining with pretty thick clouds. I hope embarkation is on time.

Thank you everyone!

We've safely landed. It was a long line to baggage claim. I didn't remember this part of the terminal when we came here last year.

e44e2c2b.jpg

We decided to take a taxi to the terminal , they say it's quicker this way. We're actually in the taxi right now on our way to the terminal.

dcb693f7.jpg

We're in an inside cabin only. I'm sorry I may not be able to help you with other cabins.

I've taken notes of your questions and requests and I'll try to log back in tonight.

I'll be back :D

We are on this cruise too. Currently in the Marriott getting ready to go to the ship. Well...my wife is getting ready, I'm laying around reading cruise critic! Yesterday was beautiful weather. Perfect beach weather all morning then some clouds rolled in. Today it is raining with pretty thick clouds. I hope embarkation is on time.

See you onboard!

Posted using Tapatalk. Sorry for typing errors.

Why do I already think I am going to love your review? :):)

Please post who the Hotel Director and the Captain are. Trying to get one more cruise in before summer and hope it will be Sheldon and Costas.

Have a fantastic cruise on my favorite ship.

Anne

Lovley pics so far, when you are posting about who the staff are on board - and I will be interested in the Captains Club rep as well - if you are able can you let us know how much longer they are on for, that would be brilliant

Have a wonderful trip

Why do I already think I am going to love your review? :):)

Please post who the Hotel Director and the Captain are. Trying to get one more cruise in before summer and hope it will be Sheldon and Costas.

Have a fantastic cruise on my favorite ship.

Anne

Thats who I'm hoping for too!!!!!

They were both on the cruise I am doing in two weeks when I did it last year....but recent reports seem to indicate they have vanished :(:(

Ok Have to let us know. Did your Daughter swim in March?

I don't want to hijack the thread - but Yes, she made Nationals and the Relay team made ALL AMERICAN - very very proud (Academic All American also - can't ask for more than that)

Thanks again

Now = BACK TO THE SUMMIT :)

I'm back!

I forgot to mention that this is my first time on Celebrity. And I'm loving it. I know Summit will be one of my favorites. I'm sorry I'm not a good writer so so pardon my grammar. My review will most likely be an outline-type of review, not like a trip report. I'll try to write the highlights and lowlights (does that word even exist?). And of course I'll post a lot of photos!

I love the ship so I took so many photos. I only have time to resize a few so I'm just posting photos that are related questions and requests that I got. I'll also post some photos related to my summary below. I'll resize the others and post them tomorrow.

SUMMARY of today, 4/14 on Celebrity Summit:

• Taxi from airport to cruise terminal cost us $19 + $1 per luggage (including the backpacks on our backs) + tip.
  • Embarkation was easy and pretty quick. It took us about 35 minutes from the time we got to the cruise terminal to getting on the ship. That included stopping at the store in the terminal to buy bottled water. They only had a 12-pack for $5.75.
  • The ship is beautiful and clean.
  • Our inside cabin (deck 7) is very nice, but I find it tiny. I don't think I will want to fit 3 people in there. The desk is tiny too and I don't like it that the tray of ice bucket and glasses are on it making the available space even smaller. I'll post more photos of the cabin next time. I can also hear people in the hallway. Thank goodness, passengers are not loud.

IMG_2845.jpg
    IMG_2850.jpg
  • The ship didn't feel crowded at all. We went to Waterfall Cafe for lunch around 3pm and there weren't a lot of people. But then again, who eats lunch at 3pm? I guess not a lot of people.
    I'm not a food connoisseur so here goes…
    Bread pudding consistency was like flan
    Watermelon didn't have much taste
    Fried chicken was great
    Lemonade was the best-tasting lemonade I've had in a cruise ship. My sig has a list of the ships I've been on.
  • Muster drill was easy and quick. Our Muster station was the theatre. They manually checked our room when got to the theatre. We didn't need to bring out life vests. Their idea of organizing the drill at the theatre was great, but not enforced. They send early comers were asked to sit at the front rows. Before the drill ended, the passengers were told that front rows get to leave first and crew will assist. A lot of people didn't listen and they proceeded to leave without waiting, crew didn't do anything.

I guess we were early!
    IMG_3003.jpg
  • If you plan to make reservations (not walk in) as a select diner, do it as soon as you get on the ship! We went to the Cosmopolitan Restaurant at 4:15pm to make reservations, and all availability they have left were 6:30 or earlier and 8:15 or later.

IMG_2995.jpg
  • Two-person tables at Cosmopolitan restaurant are tiny! There are a few by the walls that are bigger.

IMG_3031.jpg
  • Internet is slow, but tolerable.
    Speed right now:
    Screenshot2012-04-14at113953PM.png

QUESTIONS / REQUESTS

• Delayed debarkation
    I'm sorry we arrived at the terminal at 2:17pm so I can't answer the question. I'll report back though when it's our turn to disembark.
  • Current officers
    Captain's Club Rep is Tanushka D'Souza. I'll try to see if I can ask someone how long these officers are staying on the Summit.
    I hope you can read the image below:
    IMG_2951.jpg
  • Food and bar options
    I'll include them in my summaries as I go along
  • Persian Garden
    I'm sorry I couldn't take a photo of the stone seating coz there were people there. But you can get a glimpse on one of the photos

Entrance
    IMG_3073.jpg

You'll get a glimpse of the heated stone seats on the left
    IMG_3071.jpg

View from inside looking towards the entrance
    IMG_3070.jpg

IMG_3069.jpg

Sensory Showers
    IMG_3068.jpg

Archived