Carnival (Pride) questions about reception

We're going to have a host because we don't want our reception in the Disco. So we'll make a CD of our music...

I understand if we use the host the reception will either in the Piano Lounge or the Starry Night Lounge. Do they use the bar in the lounge to serve our guests? I read one review (but not sure if it was a Carnival ship) that the bartender wasn't working with the bar in the lounge and was very slow going back and forth out of the lounge to get drinks. So are the drinks readily available right there in our reception room?

And, we will have 5-6 children at the reception (including my 2). The only thing I see remotely interesting for kids on the menu is the Crispy chicken nugget things. I even saw an alternative menu and still, nothing very appealing for kids there either. Do you know if there are ANY other options? Will they create a fruit platter? Or some type of pasta dish? Cheese and meat platter?

THANKS!

If you use a host it should be in the Piano Bar or the Butterflies Lounge. Starry Night is the smoking lounge and I can't imagine you'd have a comfortable reception in there.

They will use the bars in those lounges. You *should* have your own bartender and bar waiter and your guests are able to order whatever they want through the tender or the waiter.

The menu seems a bit strange, but all of the food is delicious. Our guests (including my 5 year old niece) really loved the nuggets, the lamb empanadas and the martini glasses with fruit and sugar sticks (these seem to be something they do for most weddings). CCL does/did have alternative menus with a pasta serving station (upcharge) and carving station (upcharge). They also have an alternative menu with vegan friendly fare.

Obviously, this is all subject to change given that some of the options I had for my wedding ten months ago are completely different for your wedding.

Here are the menus that I was emailed in March 2012.

9554366357_15e8be8e61_z.jpg

9557154414_7e7c328b20_z.jpg

9557154432_b2f5d9329d_z.jpg

The martini glass thing I've seen in a lot of other bride's pictures. They usually include it as a decoration because it's very pretty.

This is what they look like

10578654654_1af0a79033_z.jpg

My father-in-law took pictures of food and I uploaded them to my Shutterfly. The fruit glasses are in one of the pictures. We didn't ask for fruit, but it was certainly appreciated and easy to eat in our gowns.

Great Photos, Carnival Brides! Can you tell me where your maids of honor found those pretty dresses? My MOH is hoping to find one with sleeves and its proving difficult to find.

We bought our MoH's dresses from Fashion Bug before they went out of business. David's Bridal and Dress Barn also sold the same exact dress and we were able to get them from Fashion Bug for $30 a dress instead of $70-$100 elsewhere. A lot of brides with smaller bridal parties are opting to select special occasion dresses from department stores or mall shops (J.Crew, Banana Republic, Lane Bryant, etc). You'll have luck finding dressy special occasion (with sleeve) with the winter holidays quickly approaching.

If she's a size 12 or larger, you might also look on OneStopPlus. They have a load of fancier dresses and gowns with sleeves.

Archived