White Legs

Lizzie68

Sorry if this has been discussed a lot before - I'm having no luck with the search function. I have very white legs always (they almost glow in the dark.:eek:) - the rest of me gets a little suntan but the legs never. I'm going on a 3-week cruise so a spray tan beforehand is not going to last. I don't do sunbeds especially after several bouts with skin cancer. Is there a tried, tested and true tanning lotion that does not streak, go orange, or smell awful? Thanks for any help.:o

Try Jergens FOAM...no nasty, lingering odor, it dries fast, and is gradual, so streaking is unlikely.

I'm not a fan of the self-tanners, in general, but in a pinch, Jergens Foam has worked the best, for me.

You will need to apply regularly, tho.....takes about 3 applications to really notice color, and you'll need to do it at least every other day.

You could get the spray tan beforehand, to get a "jumpstart"....then start doing the Jergens once on the ship, just to maintain!

Just watch the areas around ankles, and between toes...moisturize those areas before applying, use a light hand, and, speaking of hands, WASH them well after applying!

Edited by cb at sea

Fellow Canadian here!

I have used Jergens Natural Glow before. It's very natural looking and you apply it every day like a lotion as it has a less "self-tanning" look. It's a gradual build up. You could try it out prior to going on your cruise to see if it gives the results you are looking for.

http://www.jergens.com/products/natural-glow/3-days-to-glow.aspx

Another vote for the Jergens product here.

Apply it every morning as a moisturiser. Once it has had time to soak in a bit apply sun block.

I have found if I put it on at night the sheets get a faint pink stain, it washes out in hot water.

I get the Express in medium to tan skin tones. My sister, who is almost blue white, used it while she was visiting me from Scotland, and it was a very gentle, natural colour change on her.

The pale one that she had barely changed her colour.

Oh it lasts fine in the pool and sea too.

Exfoliating before you start applying it and once a week thereafter helps keeping it fresh and even.

Cheers, h

Sent from the nether world using magic

Another vote for the Jergens product here.

Apply it every morning as a moisturiser. Once it has had time to soak in a bit apply sun block.

I have found if I put it on at night the sheets get a faint pink stain, it washes out in hot water.

I get the Express in medium to tan skin tones. My sister, who is almost blue white, used it while she was visiting me from Scotland, and it was a very gentle, natural colour change on her.

The pale one that she had barely changed her colour.

Oh it lasts fine in the pool and sea too.

Exfoliating before you start applying it and once a week thereafter helps keeping it fresh and even.

Cheers, h

Sent from the nether world using magic

Thank you. My complexion sounds the same as your sister's. I had purchased a tanning moisturiser that was for pale skin - it didn't do a thing! So I'll try the medium tone. I have a few months to experiment but it seems the Jergens product is popular.

I've used the Jergen's lotion before. It gave my Scots-Irish redhead skin a light tan. My legs are pretty pale, and it appeared natural, no orange tints. Just make sure to either allow time to dry or put your undies on first. I would apply, then walk around in next to nothing. My teenage daughters were not happy. :p

I use Jergens and find the foam to be more effective than the lotion, though that works fine too. I recently used a sunless tanner in a spray can from Ulta and it works great.

Was the one from Ulta their own brand? Or what brand is it? Thanks!

Sorry if this has been discussed a lot before - I'm having no luck with the search function. I have very white legs always (they almost glow in the dark.:eek:) - the rest of me gets a little suntan but the legs never. I'm going on a 3-week cruise so a spray tan beforehand is not going to last. I don't do sunbeds especially after several bouts with skin cancer. Is there a tried, tested and true tanning lotion that does not streak, go orange, or smell awful? Thanks for any help.:o

I researched and found one called Sun Goddess, and you can buy little packets of it on eBay. Granted, it goes on very dark, but if you're careful to use the gloves it comes with and smooth it out evenly, it's good. It is my favorite so far, and I've tried many, including Jergens. It lasts for a couple weeks! My problem is that every one of the self-tanners leaves an odor the next day, but I can at least handle the odor of Sun Goddess. Just an FYI.

Another ghostly white redhead here. I use Jergens natural cream stuff in the medium to deep. Like others on this thread, the light one barely shows up. Dh got me a box of latex free medical exam gloves. Disposable and they protect my hands from staining.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Forums mobile app

Fellow Canadian here!

I have used Jergens Natural Glow before. It's very natural looking and you apply it every day like a lotion as it has a less "self-tanning" look. It's a gradual build up. You could try it out prior to going on your cruise to see if it gives the results you are looking for.

http://www.jergens.com/products/natural-glow/3-days-to-glow.aspx

I use the Jergens Natural Glow too. Much better because it builds up over time. I find it doesn't get streaky like some of the others can. Plus it works great as a body lotion!

Several products I like.

Easiest,because it is easy to just use it as a daily lotion is the Jergens

Second is theTanTowel towelettes. Great product and easy to pack for trips. Just a larger sized towelette in a pouch.

Third, FakeBake. The deepest truest product but it takes a little while. Put it on- and panic. Goes on very dark,but that is so you can sees where it is. Wait the prescribed period of time and shower. Very nice. Some salons haveit now as a spray on, but I found it way back when it was all DYI.

Tarte has a great self tanner, and also a waterproof bronzer, for instant gratification! I have used them both and love them. Neither are super dark, but perfect for light skinned people who want color but not crazy unnatural.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Tarte has a great self tanner, and also a waterproof bronzer, for instant gratification! I have used them both and love them. Neither are super dark, but perfect for light skinned people who want color but not crazy unnatural.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks. I've never heard of that one, will search around for it.:)