Alternative Excursions

Travel luv

Hi All,

I'm looking for ideas for an upcoming visit to Grenada. My husband and I are not too thrilled with the options offered by the cruiseline. We are also not interested in taking any of the spice tours.

Do you all have any recommendations for alternative tours or activities. I'm a foodie, so a food oriented activity would be great. I guess we could also do a beach day, but that would be our last alternative or a partial one maybe.

We are not interested in snorkeling this time around.

Thanks

You could get a bus from the main bus terminal to Annandale falls cost $2.50 EC dollars. An inexpensive day out into the 'real' Grenada

You could also get a private taxi for an island tour and go to Grand Etang lake in the rain forest

Edited by Zhane's mum
Adding in info re island tour

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi, can you tell me a fair price for a taxi roundtrip, how long will it last, what is the best place to catch a cab...?

There will be plenty of taxis lined up right outside the pier area...and everything is negotiable. But keep in mind that although it is easy to get a taxi at the Port (or in town) it can be very difficult to get one at some of the more remote beaches and other places. You can try to arrange with your taxi to come back and pick you up (maybe they show...maybe they don't). If you are at a place where there is a café/restaurant you can always have them call for a taxi...but you do need to allow some extra time.

Hank