Celebrity Solstice Excursions

jkornblau

This is my first time posting on Cruise Critic.

I have a bunch of questions. First, I will have a 2 year old daughter at the time of the trip so we are thinking about hiring a cruise babysitter while we are on excursions. Has anyone used the babysitters before? Are they reliable? Do I need to be worried about it?

Second, my husband and I are very active people. We're trying to figure out which excursions to do and which ones make sense to bring our daughter to and which ones to do on our own.

We need suggestions for Juneau, Skagway, and Ketchikan. Please let me know if you have any, including if you have tried to do excursions through an outside company.

Thanks!

This is my first time posting on Cruise Critic.

I have a bunch of questions. First, I will have a 2 year old daughter at the time of the trip so we are thinking about hiring a cruise babysitter while we are on excursions. Has anyone used the babysitters before? Are they reliable? Do I need to be worried about it?

Second, my husband and I are very active people. We're trying to figure out which excursions to do and which ones make sense to bring our daughter to and which ones to do on our own.

We need suggestions for Juneau, Skagway, and Ketchikan. Please let me know if you have any, including if you have tried to do excursions through an outside company.

Thanks!

Welcome to Cruise Critic JKornblau. I would suggest posting your question on the Celebrity boards at Cruise Critic here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28

You can also learn a lot about your ports at the Alaska boards here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

Here is a link to the Celebrity Silhouette Roll Calls. Here you can search for your precise cruise and chat with other passengers on your voyage about excursions, the baby sitting program, the ship and your cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=644

Jonathan

The sitters are crew members who volunteer to do the sitting. The cost is $19 per hour. The cruise line does not assure that sitters will be available, so plan accordingly. Mostly, babysitting is done at night because most crew members are very busy with their jobs during the day.

I suggest going on Celebrity's website and looking at all the excursions offered. You will see an area in the description that will list limitations, including minimum ages. From there you can decide what might work for you.

If you're planning to take independent excursions, just make sure you don't miss the ship. They will not wait for you if you're late. I've been on cruises where parents left their kids on the ship, missed the ship, and the kids were alone until the parents could catch up at the next port. Once, two sets of parents missed the ship, and five kids, includinga baby, didn't have their parents for two days. You just never know what can happen on tours that can cause you to miss the ship, so just be aware of that.