Dry Dock

debdiva

Is there a place to find out what will be done during a dry dock? Is there a positive or negative to sailing right after a dry dock? I want to schedule a collector's cruise out of Rome on the Zuiderdam 1st cruise out of dry dock. DH is worried that there might be glitches to straighten out that 1st week after dry dock.

I don't know of any site where you can find out what will be done a ship while in dry dock.

Zuiderdam will be getting some cabins added to the Obsetvation Deck -- behind the Crow's Nest.

On the Deck above that will be added the Cabanas just the ones that were added to the Noordam.

Of course there will be the usual sprucing up of the ship.

I've been on 1 post dry dock cruise and it has been our worst cruise to date. (Meaning it was still better than the alternative, but only marginally). We boarded and left port very late, many things were unfinished on board and being worked on until all hours of the night during our cruise (think hammering, saws, drills and sewer work), service was absolutely awful throughout the ship and many amenities were unavailable in the spa and children's areas. I check to be sure when we book that we never do another of these again! :eek:

Edited by 0bnxshs

We have done one post dry dock cruise on the Amsterdam last December . It was fine. Only problem was the new Internet service that was installed. I guess that has been straightened out as we had only one problem last week.

The day we boarded ,Sept 7, there was a notice in the Today on Location "To enhance our onboard internet service, system upgrades are being installed today. Full guest Internet services will be available after 3PM"

The only change was noticed was that we could not use the login we normally use. The system responded that the login was already in use. In checking with the tech, it turns out the system remembers us from previous cruises and different staterooms on the Amsterdam and since we used that login before, we could not use it this time. Go figure.

Is there a place to find out what will be done during a dry dock? Is there a positive or negative to sailing right after a dry dock? I want to schedule a collector's cruise out of Rome on the Zuiderdam 1st cruise out of dry dock. DH is worried that there might be glitches to straighten out that 1st week after dry dock.

I think your DH thinking is well thought out. If it was me, I'd wait a week or two before cruising on her after dry dock.