Captain van Maurik

SJSULIBRARIAN

He is on the Zaandam. Came back August 1, at least that is what he told me in May as he was leaving on his 2 month break.

Thanks for the info, Melodie.

I'm surprised he only had two months off. It is usually three months on and three months off. Maybe was his choice for some reason.

Thank you for the update.

If he is mainly on the Zaandam, guess we won't be seeing him anymore.

Thanks for the info, Melodie.

I'm surprised he only had two months off. It is usually three months on and three months off. Maybe was his choice for some reason.

He has been at the helm of the Zaandam now for over 2 years. This will be his second season of doing SA. The way they change around Captains, I would think it won't be long before he gets another assignment.

You know I may have miss spoke Sails, now that I think back it was probably the end of April when we saw him. So that would be 3 months, sorry.

Melodie

It is rare when we see any familiar faces anymore.

So many changes in captains, HD's and CD's -- we don't know one anymore.

I don't disagree with you KK. We've certainly had some interesing ones of late, never heard of them, never seen them again.;)

Except for Captain PJ, Captain Mercer, Captain Henk, oh and Captain Turner whom seems to be chained to the Zuiderdam, there seems to be alot of Captains I don't know anymore either.

Is Captain Van Der Loo around, I think the last I heard he was on the Veendam. We enjoyed him when he was Captain of the Ooserdam.

I don't disagree with you KK. We've certainly had some interesing ones of late, never heard of them, never seen them again.;)

Except for Captain PJ, Captain Mercer, Captain Henk, oh and Captain Turner whom seems to be chained to the Zuiderdam, there seems to be alot of Captains I don't know anymore either.

Is Captain Van Der Loo around, I think the last I heard he was on the Veendam. We enjoyed him when he was Captain of the Ooserdam.

Captain van der Loo was on Oosterdam and then Captain Bos moved from Veendam to OSDM. Captain Henk Draper is also Master of OSDM.

Last time I sailed with Kapitan van der Loo.... January 1993. Old ROTTERDAM... he was Second Officer... Table No. 45 in Odyssey Restaurant. Sailed NY at the start of the World Cruise... 21 days to Honolulu. Was excited... to fly overnight to LA and then Lauderdale.... to sail in a brand new of STATENDAM... maiden voyage... via Canal to LA.

Too many miles!:)

Last time I sailed with Kapitan van der Loo.... January 1993. Old ROTTERDAM... he was Second Officer... Table No. 45 in Odyssey Restaurant. Sailed NY at the start of the World Cruise... 21 days to Honolulu. Was excited... to fly overnight to LA and then Lauderdale.... to sail in a brand new of STATENDAM... maiden voyage... via Canal to LA.

Too many miles!:)

Great memories.:):):)

Captain Van Der Loo was on the Veendam for the Voyage of the Vikings this year.:)

Captain Draper and Captain Bos are among the best in the fleet IMO.

We have sailed with Captain Draper since he was Chief Officer :) and have sailed a great many times with him on Zaandam, Maasdam, Oosterdam and perhaps one other ship?

We had been eager to sail with Captain Bos for a number of years for specific personal reasons but never did until last summer on Veendam. As the fates (or luck) would have it, my DH's last cruise was Veendam and Captain Bos was Master. All I will say is it was worth the wait to meet and get to know him a bit. He is an extremely gracious gentleman aside from his obvious professional skills and abilities. DH was very happy to finally meet him.

Captain Draper and Captain Bos are among the best in the fleet IMO.

We have sailed with Captain Draper since he was Chief Officer :) and have sailed a great many times with him on Zaandam, Maasdam, Oosterdam and perhaps one other ship?

We had been eager to sail with Captain Bos for a number of years for specific personal reasons but never did until last summer on Veendam. As the fates (or luck) would have it, my DH's last cruise was Veendam and Captain Bos was Master. All I will say is it was worth the wait to meet and get to know him a bit. He is an extremely gracious gentleman aside from his obvious professional skills and abilities. DH was very happy to finally meet him.

We feel the same way about Captain Henk. We met his wife on the Westerdam but he was off for his break so we never met him. He did all that horn blowing on the Westerdam a few years back, he just seem to be kind of a personable type Captain, good with the passengers.:)

We feel the same way about Captain Henk. We met his wife on the Westerdam but he was off for his break so we never met him. He did all that horn blowing on the Westerdam a few years back, he just seem to be kind of a personable type Captain, good with the passengers.:)

That isn't the same Captain Henk. :)

Captain Draper hasn't been Master on Westerdam and is not the 'horn blowing king'. :D

There are several other HAL Captains named Henk.