NYC manhattan, now far to car terminal?

Kaboochi

You have to remember the $35 includes NYC sales tax and NYC Parking Tax which combined is over 18%. You can lock your car from the promenade deck or if you have a balcony room on the side you are docked. Don't park under a street light ;)

I live in Brooklyn but traveled with family for a total of 5 so we choose to do the parking at the pier. They even took the checked bags on the roof right by the elevator.

Simple and if you are use to the cost of parking in Manhattan it is less expensive then most tourist areas.

FWIW

You can spit on your car from the ship :) Literally. You park at the dock.

I haven't spit in a long time, can't wait to do this:p. Thank you, I now know I have not a long walk to and from the parking area. Pituieeee!!!:D:D kaboochi

I recently read on the port web site that they are now saying you should drop passengers then park and on the return, one person should go and get the car and come back for others and the luggage. Has anyone seen this happen at Manhattan? I heard that if you went down to drop people off it was really hard to get back to parking.

I recently read on the port web site that they are now saying you should drop passengers then park and on the return, one person should go and get the car and come back for others and the luggage. Has anyone seen this happen at Manhattan? I heard that if you went down to drop people off it was really hard to get back to parking.

No...we never do it that way. If traffic is heavy it will take a lot of time to exit the cruise terminal complex, drive back north on 12th Ave., and reenter the cruise terminal.

Just drive directly to the parking level. Often there are porters to take your luggage available up there. Even if there are no porters available there, its easy to just take your luggage on the elevator down one level to the terminal's check in area.

The wording you're reading on the web site is really intended for passengers being dropped off at the terminal...not for passengers who are parking their cars at the terminal, although it's not obvious that's the case. If you go to the parking page, it says to drive up the ramp to the parking deck.

Archived