"Dam Ships" T-shirt

noblepa

Last Saturday, I stopped in the supermarket to pick up a couple of things. I happened to be wearing my "Dam Ships" t-shirt. As you know, on the front that's all it says. No HAL logo or name. On the back are listed the names of the HAL ships (mine is out of date; it doesn't include Eurodam).

In the bread aisle, a woman, who clearly had only seen the front, looked at me and said something to the effect that she knew what I meant (about damn ships, I guess) as her husband was a former Navy man.

I had to turn around and show her the list on the back and explain that I wasn't a disgruntled former sailor.

I guess it was funnier if you were there, but I got a chuckle out of it. I've had to explain that shirt several times, when people saw only the front. Some people don't get it even then, since HAL is not as well known as Carnival or Royal Caribbean (No TV commercials, I guess).

Paul

Aloha Pride (Mary) posted a similar message this week. Apparently they tried to prevent her entering some sort of gathering place (government office ? - I'm not sure where) because they saw the 'dam' ships on her t-shirt. It took her some minutes of explaining before they would let her enter. :D

I love my dam ship t shirt that I got on the Noordam. We wore them on the Eurodam and everyone wanted to know where we got them. Of course, it doesn't have the Eurodam on it. It's a nicer color than the one on the Eurodam.

We also both wore them at the Tanglewood area this summer. No comments.

I love my dam ship t shirt that I got on the Noordam. We wore them on the Eurodam and everyone wanted to know where we got them. Of course, it doesn't have the Eurodam on it. It's a nicer color than the one on the Eurodam.

We also both wore them at the Tanglewood area this summer. No comments.

My sister and husband reside in Tanglewood (Sebring) during the fall through spring months. I will tell her to be on the lookout for 'Dam Ships":D

I have had two different women on different occasions approach me and chastise me for wearing a tee shirt with a curse word on it.

My response is short and to the point: You obviously can't spell and you don't travel very much. Come back and talk to me when you remedy both situations.

I think the 'dam ships' t-shirts, caps, aprons........ all of them are great fun. DH has one but I don't think I got a t-shirt. I have given a few aprons as gifts though.... (to folks who sail HAL. :) )

I have a dam baseball cap from Alaska (2 for the price of one at the end of the season!). I wish I could get a Dam Security cap, but that may be problematic.

2683037900102790654S600x600Q85.jpg

Seeing the cap cracked me up; nice sense of humor from HAL. The guys were not to keen on me taking a picture of them.

I have had two different women on different occasions approach me and chastise me for wearing a tee shirt with a curse word on it.

My response is short and to the point: You obviously can't spell and you don't travel very much. Come back and talk to me when you remedy both situations.

Great response!!! Cracked me up. :D

Aloha Pride (Mary) posted a similar message this week. Apparently they tried to prevent her entering some sort of gathering place (government office ? - I'm not sure where) because they saw the 'dam' ships on her t-shirt. It took her some minutes of explaining before they would let her enter. :D

There are a lot of ----(insert your preference) out there.

Pity them.:(

Love it.

I bought a new 'easy to use' digital today. At the moment, it isn't seeming all that easy to me. I've got to plow through the instructions again. :(

Heve fun with it. Just play around and take lots of pictures to learn all about it. It's free, just delete it all and start all over again. :)

What a fantastic response!!! Gotta remember that one.....:D

I can just see their faces--not knowing what the heck just happened!! BRAVO!

A few years ago I was on the Statendam to Hawaii and I purchased a sweat shirt which was similiar to years. One of the 8th graders in my parish school saw it and was quite disetified until he saw the names of all the DAM ships on the back of the shirt.

Archived