Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Member Cruise Reviews > Cruise Reviews of the Week

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Reviews of the Week

Every week we'll choose member cruise reviews to feature and if we choose yours, we will send you some cool Cruise Critic logo stuff!

Share Your Cruise Stories -- Click Here To Write A Review and maybe you'll win!

Old December 26th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Default Reviews of The Week by teecee60, CruiseMichael, rfreeman11, cebl & bjtomko!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. We hope they enjoy it!

Celebrity Reflection Caution: Trans-Atlantic cruises with Celebrity can be WONDERFUL by teecee60
Having burned through waayyy too much of my girlfriend's vacation time on the LAST two Celebrity trans-Atlantic cruises, (Constellation and Silhouette) I had resigned myself to sitting out this fall's crossing season, so she could be ready for spring of 2014. But when the price dropped to $449pp for a 15 night cruise on Celebrity's Flagship, I just couldn't resist! I booked only 10 days before departure, and was STILL able to take advantage of a RIDICULOUSLY low one way fare (to FCO on Delta Airlines) of $508 through Choice Air. The $250 OBC from my RCCL shareholder benefit made this THE BEST deal I have EVER experienced for a cruise. The added benefit of attaining "Elite" status before changes were made to Celebrity's Captain Club program, was icing on my cruise cake. Continue reading... Caution: Trans-Atlantic cruises with Celebrity can be WONDERFUL

Norwegian Gem Perfect Cruise, 3rd. time with NCL, never disappointed by CruiseMichael
This was our 13th. cruise, third with NCL. We chose this one since we always watend to leave from New York. We booked a mini-suite on deck 11, right under the pool deck. Let me say, if you are noise sensible, you should avoid deck 11, you can hear people running above, it did not bother us since it stops at some point of time at night, but for some this could be disturbing. Cabin: Mini-Suits on the Gem are comparable to balcony cabins on other ships. So don't be disappointed. We loved the layout, little bigger entrance area compared to regular balcony cabins, a couch, seperated with a curtain from the area with bed. Nice, large balcony. Biggest plus is the bathtup, which is seperated from the toilet area. Continue reading... Perfect Cruise, 3rd. time with NCL, never disappointed

Carnival Breeze Breeze impresses by rfreeman11
So, just got off the Breeze on Sunday the 1st. Here is the review, as best I can remember it. 1st some background, Cruisers 41 year old male, seasoned cruiser, Wife 36, also a seasoned cruiser, 7 year old daughter 5th cruise, 4 year old daughter 3rd cruise. Mother in law 65 2nd cruise, Father 65 To many cruises to list. Travel from Ohio to Port of Miami was uneventful, except for the downpour on the way to the ship. Embarkation for all was smooth, got to the terminal at 1, on the boat by 1:30, longest wait was for the non-passport SS card. Ship - Overall much better than the Carnival ships I have been on in the past, it was nice to be on a ship that didn't kill the eyes with gaudy... It was clean, as I expected a newer ship would be. I did notice that all the CCL ships that were in port are now sporting a Cargo container strapped right behind the funnel, and the Breeze was no different, based on the markings I believe they are backup generators, so kudos to Carnival for being proactive in that respect. Overall the ship was great, the waterpark was perfect for my daughters, who loved the whole lido deck. Continue reading... Breeze impresses

Liberty of the Seas First Time Cruiser with Three Generations by cebl
My inlaws decided they wanted to take a family vacation. Our travel group consisted of my inlaws, my family (husband, me, and DS12, DD9, DS6) and my brother in law's family (BIL, travel agent SIL, DS10 and DD7.) MIL and BIL's family have cruised more than once. My family had never cruised, and would have never planned a cruise on our own. Embarkation was not too fun. It was fairly simple, but lines were looooong. My daughter had to go to the restroom, and she was stuck waiting until we had finished with the very long screening line. Then there was a line to check in and get our cards, and then onto the ship. We headed straight to the pool to hit the flow rider. We stopped to get wristbands showing we had signed waivers and were the right height. We also signed up for private lessons later in the cruise. The two older boys waited in a fairly long line while the little ones hit the pool. Continue reading... First Time Cruiser with Three Generations

Coral Princess Awesome Partial Transit Experience by bjtomko
Background The views and opinions expressed in this review are mine and may conflict with others thoughts. That is what makes everyone unique. I have found these boards so very helpful in the past, and wanted to share my experience. I found little information on this cruise as I did my research that spoke to anything other than the canal. To me his trip was more than the canal and thus my review will hopefully provide a more comprehensive view on this cruise for newer cruisers such as myself. My DH and I sailed on the Coral Princess roundtrip Panama Canal partial transit from November 26, 2013 through December 7, 2013. We are in our late 30's and this was our 3rd cruise (on the Ruby Princess in January of 2013 and Celebrity Solstice in 2012). Previously we have done 5 all-inclusive resort vacations at Sandals. We booked Balcony Class B2, room #C603 (Caribe Deck - 10). This floor’s balcony cabins are larger than regular balcony cabins and are ˝ covered and ˝ exposed. Continue reading... Awesome Partial Transit Experience

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Last edited by Admin; December 26th, 2013 at 03:19 PM.

Ad Sponsored By