Sky- Muster Drill

oceanxbreeze89

Hi! I tried searching for my answer on these boards but couldn't find quite what I was looking for. I am leaving in 4 days for my cruise on the sky and was wondering where is the muster drill? We have cabin 0041 on deck 10 if that helps. I was wondering if it was outside by our muster "station" like on Carnival or inside somewhere like when I cruised on Princess. Also, do we have to bring our life vests with us? Thank you in advanced!

Helen

I don't know if things have changed since the Concordia, but on the Sun last October, life jackets were NOT required and it took place at the muster station.

It WILL happen before the ship sails - usually about 30 minutes to an hour before departure.

I don't know if things have changed since the Concordia, but on the Sun last October, life jackets were NOT required and it took place at the muster station.

I was on the PoA in January after Concordia and we didn't have to bring life jackets. Our station was in the theatre, not sure about anybody else. I just know they were spread around the ship.

Your room will be ready around 2 pm. An announcement will be made over the PA system. At around 4:30, all passengers must report for the muster drill. You do NOT have to bring your life vest to this life you had to in the past.

Bringing life jackets is not required. On your key card (which you will be given in the boarding process), it will say Assembly Station followed by a Capital Letter and a Number. On the back of your cabin door will be ship with your Assembly Station highlighted. Ask any staff member and they can direct you.

The muster stations vary depending on your room location. The station location will be posted on a diagram on your cabin door. Some stations are inside the ship and some outside. And as mentioned, bringing life jackets is no longer required.

Your muster station locale depends on where your room is. Some folks gather on deck, some in the theater, some in restaurants, etc. Your station location will be posted in your room as well as on your key card.

And the best thing about the muster drill??? Life jackets are no longer required. That was such a huge improvement!!

I am glad to hear the muster drill has been simplified. The muster drill on RCL in 2004 was miserable. We actually had to put on the life jackets and go stand outside in our lines and it took forever and is was miserably hot. Of course my patience for it was dramatically reduced by the fact I had just spent 3 hours standing in the Galveston terminal where it was also very warm and hadn't even had a chance to get a glass of water between getting to our cabin and having to go to muster drill.

If nothing else, it should be nice and cool in Vancouver for muster drill if we end up outside!!

I just got off the Sky on Monday and it seemed like everyone gathered outside of promenade deck 6. I'm assuming like others said some people were directed to other locations like the theater. We were packed like sardines on deck but the muster was quick and over with in 15 minutes or so. Your key card will have a letter, and in the halls there are signs that direct you to your muster station. You don't have to bring life jackets and they do take attendance. If you miss it, they have a make-up safety drill you have to attend the next day.

It will be held at 4:30 p.m. with all ship's services stopping a half hour beforehand. No lifejackets. Your muster location will be determined by your cabin location. Check the back of your cabin door. Your key card will also have the station listed on it.

The Sky has deck space for the drill to be done right at the lifeboats so most likely, it will be outside. Where exactly it is will depend, as others have said, your stateroom location.

So far, in 4 cruises, only 2 of our musters have been done outside. Depends on the design of the ship.

Archived