copenhagen distance from airport to ship

Can anyone tell me how long the ride is from the airport to the cruise ship dock. Also what the cost of the taxi ride is. We are a family of four and the transfer would be 160 dollars for all four of us. Trying to decide if I should go ahead and pay for the transfer or take the taxi. Thanks:D

I can tell you how much it is in the other direction, from ship to airport.

My ship was docked at Freeport Pier.

there are 2 piers in CPH, Freeport and Langelinie. Langelinie is closer to town and the airport than Freeport is. So if Langelinie is the pier you're headed to, your fares will be a little cheaper than mine.

It takes approximately 30 minutes to travel from ship to airport, or airport to pier.

I paid 286 DKK, which is about $52 USD. I was a party of 3 with a lot of luggage. Just make sure to get a taxi that is a stationwagon and you won't have a problem with fitting luggage in. They are easy to find.

Much more convenient and cheaper than ship transfer

The bus from both pier (freeport and Langelinie) is making a stop at the central station, the number is 26 and it is heading for Ålholm plads.

Or else walk to Nordhavn station from freeport terminal or Østerport station from Langelinie and take the train to the central station.

http://www.movia.dk/koreplaner/sogeresultat/Pages/Linje.aspx?direction_gid=9012200002600000&line_name=26&active=1&linegid=9011200002600000&next_stop=

Freeport terminal is near Skudehavnsvej and the stop at langelinie is not hard to find.:)

The central station is called Hovedbanegården or København H in danish.

We rode the train from CPH to the central station on our day of arrival. Then after a couple of hours in the city, we took a taxi from central station to our ship at Freeport (I was on the veendam with ducky). Four of us jammed ourselves and our luggage into a station wagon and it was $25 (don;t remember the DKK) and about 15 mins. We rode with luggage on our lap in the backseat (what would not fit in the trunk) The taxi driver did not seem to mind. Most taxi's take credit cards, but this guys machine did not work...or at least that is what we could assume...he did not speak one word of english.

Thank you for your help. Jstduckey - from reading your posts it seems like you packed alot into everyday. Was it a stretch to do all you did it Stockholm and Copenhagen.?

hm... yes and no.

personally for me, I don't think that it was a stretch. but I am of the mentality that I want to see and do as much as possible in the time that is allotted. i dont know if I will ever go back to any of these places again and I dont want to regret not doing things. so as a result, i come home from vacations way more tired than when i left because i am always on the go and don't sleep much (hence waking up every day at like 3 or 4 am to watch the sunrise). having said that, vacations aren't a time for me to kick back and relax.

so knowing that.. doing eveything i did, it wasn't hard.

copenhagen was easier as i arrived at CPH at 7:30 am .... went straight to the hotel, took a shower, and was out the door again at 9:00 am. was out all day long, only stopping back at the hotel in the afternoon for about 30 minutes. didn't come back at night until after 11:00 pm. the next morning, i was out the front door by 7:00 am and came back again at 1:00 pm, took the taxi to the pier and boarded the ship.

in stockholm, we were there from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. stockholm wasn't as complete as i had wanted it to be, more due the rain than anything. i had planned to go to city hall at 2:00 pm and take the guided tour, then climb the tour from 3:00-3:30. instead, we stayed on gamla stan instead. so in place of city hall, we went to the stockholm cathedral and then added the guided tour of the royal apartment. even with all that we did, i probably spent about 1.5 hours wandering and shopping around gamla stan

Archived