cave tubing or lost canopy?

cutnsew

Any thoughts on which of these would be best? I have 13, 9, 8 yr old boys, all very athletic. Also, if you have an independant for the lost canopy. Thanks so much. Very helpful people.

Cutnsew:)

I have this same problem. However, I'm pretty sure I saw that there's an excursion that has both in 1 called Aerial Trek and Cave Tubing. I will most likely do this if I have time. Hope this helps.

I did the Canopy Tour two weeks ago. Here's a review I wrote as I couldn't find much info about it before I went.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=173509

As for the cave tubing, some people I know went on it and said it was OK, but that the water was low and they had to carry their tubes at certain points. This is the end of the dry season in Belize and so the rivers are low. Not sure when you're going though.

It's my understanding that there aren't any independents doing the canopy tour because the cruise lines helped to pay for the infrastructure. It can only be done through your cruise ship. I'm not sure which ship your on be the Carvial Miracle doesn't offer the combined tubing/canopy tour. I don't this the ship is in Belize long enough to do that.

I did the Canopy Tour two weeks ago. Here's a review I wrote as I couldn't find much info about it before I went.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=173509

As for the cave tubing, some people I know went on it and said it was OK, but that the water was low and they had to carry their tubes at certain points. This is the end of the dry season in Belize and so the rivers are low. Not sure when you're going though.

Mark,

It sounds great. Thanks for the link. I am worried about it being too short though, especially for the price and with 3 young boys who need much activity. Cave tubing is only 59 pp with lunch and it is longer. Also, we will be going in October when the river should be higher due to rainy season just ending. Will have to check the boards often to make a decision since we can't do both. By the way, are you from Indiana? We are, but we live in TX now.

Melanie

I will be on the NCL Sun leaving New Orleans Oct 16th. Any way we are on the same ship? We are doing the Coral Breeze caving tour and it looks like it might be a lot of fun for boy's. Never under estimate the power of a good water fight. We are thinking of saving the canopy tour for Roatan. I think it lets you out right at a nature preserve where they have monkey's that are so tame they sometimes walk right up to you, take your hand and try to lead you away into the jungle. Still looking for a company though.

I will be on the NCL Sun leaving New Orleans Oct 16th. Any way we are on the same ship? We are doing the Coral Breeze caving tour and it looks like it might be a lot of fun for boy's. Never under estimate the power of a good water fight. We are thinking of saving the canopy tour for Roatan. I think it lets you out right at a nature preserve where they have monkey's that are so tame they sometimes walk right up to you, take your hand and try to lead you away into the jungle. Still looking for a company though.

Did find that http://www.boddentours.com Roatan, after 20 platforms, ends at an Iguana Farm. Looks like they let you feed the Iguana's. Do the tube tour! You can't beat Zip lines and Lizards for young boy's.

One warning about cave tubing in Belize. I ended up staying on the ship because I wasn't feeling well, but my friends went. Though they did say it was really cool, there were few parts that were a little scary. They take you through a part that is pitch black, and you are not allowed to turn on your headlamps. Your young boys might think this is extremely cool, but if they are uncomfortable in the dark, I would just be careful with it.

Oh and don't forget bug spray! My friends had to borrow from another cruiser and it was needed.

Archived