Tango anyone!

bl413

We went to El Viejo Almacen in San Telmo. We wanted something that wasn't really touristy. It was excellent, and the dinner beforehand was served in the restaurant across the street. My husband said the steak was the best he ever had! Dinner included unlimited wine as well (great Malbec!). The show included a beverage; I chose the champagne. I highly recommend El Viejo Almacen! It is located in a cool, intimate setting. It was a fabulous night all around!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Buenos Aires offers an incredible variety of Tango Shows. Some shows focus exclusively on Tango while others offer Tango and other forms of "folkloric" music found in Argentina. Some are in large venues, others offer a smaller, more intimate experience. This article provides a pretty good overview of the varied shows you will find. I have not been to all of them, but I have been to a fair number. There are some rare exceptions but most offer average food but above average entertainment.

https://www.bsas4u.com/en/choosing-your-tango-show-in-buenos-aires

• 4 months later...

We saw 2 in our 2 visits to Buenos Aires

We did a tango dinner show at one of the most exclusive places and we don´t know about tango but was FANTASTIC.

And the next day we arrange with our tour guide to visit a tango club as she is a tango dancer and , if she is not tired after all day of touring, she do a tango tour.

The tango tour was very intersting as it is out of the touristic circuit. You have to arrange that in advance to catch her and also organize a group to do it.

You will be like a local.

Time is about 4 hours. Eat is not the most important thing but she explained us the history and origins of tango and the rules and dress codes and it was a unique experience.

Her web (http://www.lizflor2.blogspot.com)

Her mail is liz2arg@yahoo.com