2 rooms booked, how do you switch people in the rooms??

bigal3967

We are taking my daughter and 3 of her friends who are all 18 on a graduation cruise. As most of you know, you have to have someone over 21 booked in each room so I am booked in one room and my wife is booked in the other. Carnival was actually the one that suggested this is how to do it but did not mention how to switch room keys etc once on board. How do we switch my daughter over to the room with the other 3 girls and my wife back to my room once we are on board? Anyone ever done this before and is it frowned upon or ok with Carnival??

Big Al

Im not sure about this answer but wanted to say are you sure you want to do this.... Are you comfortable with this if so I think all you need to do is just give the card to the person...swap it out.

I am not sure what you will get from this post Good luck with what you think is best.

Go to the desk when you get on board. They will issue a second room key for the people switching rooms. It will only work for the door - not S&S account, so you will need both cards. One for your charges, one for the door. When we have my girls in their own cabin, we always make sure we all have keys for both doors so we can check on them when needed, and they can get anthing that may be in our cabin.

just what Cruisingnj stated. i had to do this on my 1st cruise. we were all 21-22 yrs old so had to be booked w adults but slept in our planned rooms. so about half of us ( including myself ) had 2 keys to keep. just go to the conceirge(sp) desk and they will take care of it. do it asap tho as lines down there on day 1 can be long for various reasons.

Easy peasy... have the two people "switching" cabins go to Guest Services, and ask to have their S&S card re-keyed so that your wife is in the cabin with you, and your daughter is in the cabin with her friends. This way, you are not walking around with extra cards.

And if you need peace of mind that the girls are behaving themselves, set a nightly curfew for them.

Best of luck and congratulations to the graduate!

We just booked two cabins last week, one for us, the other right across the hall from us for our two DSs. The oldest will turn 16 on the cruise. Our PVP put our sons name on the cabin, we are in one cabin, they are in the other. I am not sure if it is because they are right across the hall from us or not?

I do know, last summer on the Dream, people who live in our neighborhood, they booked a cabin for them and a cabin for the kids. They had to go to the customer desk and have her card switched out. I was shocked to see someone we knew on the cruise with us, but they did two inside staterooms, just had to go once onboard and get the cards switched.

Cruised in January with our 18 & 20 year olds. Booked like you did . It was not necessary.

Carnival doesn't allow under 21 to book but they are fine with kids 16 and over being in their own rooms.

We were told this after booking and could have switched but wanted to make sure we could all go to the welcome back party.

As far as switching, it couldn't have been easier. Went to purser and 5 minutes later it was done.

I ended up "switching" rooms with my daughter.

We kept all the S & S cards under one credit card so I don't know if that would have been an issue.

One other issue was the beds. As expected :rolleyes: our Cabin had the separated beds while our kids beds were placed together.

The stewards quickly changed this.:)

just what Cruisingnj stated. i had to do this on my 1st cruise. we were all 21-22 yrs old so had to be booked w adults but slept in our planned rooms. so about half of us ( including myself ) had 2 keys to keep. just go to the conceirge(sp) desk and they will take care of it. do it asap tho as lines down there on day 1 can be long for various reasons.

I thought you could be 21 and cruise without parents :confused: reason I am asking is that my son (23) and his gf (21) are going on a cruise, no parents going...

We are taking my daughter and 3 of her friends who are all 18 on a graduation cruise. As most of you know, you have to have someone over 21 booked in each room so I am booked in one room and my wife is booked in the other. Carnival was actually the one that suggested this is how to do it but did not mention how to switch room keys etc once on board. How do we switch my daughter over to the room with the other 3 girls and my wife back to my room once we are on board? Anyone ever done this before and is it frowned upon or ok with Carnival??

Big Al

Actually if you read Carnival's policy 18 year olds do not have to be booked in the same cabin as someone over 21. As long as they are traveling with a parent or guardian 25 or older. They do not have to even be booked on the same deck.

I thought you could be 21 and cruise without parents :confused: reason I am asking is that my son (23) and his gf (21) are going on a cruise, no parents going...

They will be fine. I just read Carnival's policy and it is 21.

Not on Carnival. The only way is if they are married. I tried finding it on the Carnival site but that thing is getting way too hard to find anything on it anymore. If I'm not mistaken, you have to be 25 to book a cruise or have someone at least 25 booked in that cabin. After boarding, then you can move people around.

After posting this, I see the above poster said just the opposite. I couldn't find it anywhere. Sorry if I mislead you.

Not on Carnival. The only way is if they are married. I tried finding it on the Carnival site but that thing is getting way too hard to find anything on it anymore. If I'm not mistaken, you have to be 25 to book a cruise or have someone at least 25 booked in that cabin. After boarding, then you can move people around.

After posting this, I see the above poster said just the opposite. I couldn't find it anywhere. Sorry if I mislead you.

I just read it in the faqs section. It states you must be 21 to Travel.

Easy peasy... have the two people "switching" cabins go to Guest Services, and ask to have their S&S card re-keyed so that your wife is in the cabin with you, and your daughter is in the cabin with her friends. This way, you are not walking around with extra cards.

And if you need peace of mind that the girls are behaving themselves, set a nightly curfew for them.

Best of luck and congratulations to the graduate!

The difference with a lot of the above is the parents were sailing with their own minor children

they will not reissue sign and sali l cards as these are minor children and parents are not sailing.

Carnival will not allow under 21 to be in a room without a person who is over 21.

They can get another cabin key but not reissue sign and sail cards.

The wife's card wills till be tied to that cabin

The difference with a lot of the above is the parents were sailing with their own minor children

they will not reissue sign and sali l cards as these are minor children and parents are not sailing.

Carnival will not allow under 21 to be in a room without a person who is over 21.

My 16 year old took a friend on our Magic cruise in March. For a lot of complicated reasons we had 3 rooms that included 6 teens that needed switching once onboard. It took awhile but it was no problem and we got the rooms how we wanted and everyone had keys....the 16 yr old that wasn't our child also was switched...I don't get why this would matter?? The SS accounts was confusing but it worked out.

Not sure, but maybe different lines/sailings have different rules? ?

The idea is to prevent large numbers of college students from going on a sailing without older adults traveling with them. They are probably not concerned about an individual young adult couiple sailing.

My wife and I took two of our kids on a cruise last year (7 & 12) and one of our cabins was actually booked to our 7 yr old. This was done to utilize the past guest rate as my son and I had never been. Our cabins were adjoining so maybe that made a difference.

My wife and I took two of our kids on a cruise last year (7 & 12) and one of our cabins was actually booked to our 7 yr old. This was done to utilize the past guest rate as my son and I had never been. Our cabins were adjoining so maybe that made a difference.

because the children were your children-- and you were onboard.

We had the same issue last summer on the Dream. We took our son and his 2 buddies (all 18) on a graduation cruise. We had booked me in a cabin with my son's buddies and my son in another cabin with his mom. When we got on board we went over to guest services to get 2nd keys made and she said we could just switch rooms....so she cut a couple new keys and put the 3 boys together in one cabin and me and my wife together in the other. She was great!!! :)

Thanks for all the replies. Sounds like it will be easy to take care of. And as for the girls going on the cruise, they are all good girls and I trust them. Heck they are fixin to all be roommates in college and have all the freedom they want. They dont't drink and from my experience that is usually what gets you in the most trouble!!

Big Al

On our Destiny cruise they gave us extra keys. 2 inside rooms for DH and myself, DS was 16 and DD13. We booked girls in one room and boys in the other. Switched to adults in one room kids in the other.

On our Glory cruise they reprogramed our cards and did not give us extra keys. 1 inside booked for girls (DD was 14) and 1 balcony booked for boys (DS was 17). Switched to adults in balcony and kids in inside.

Both Carnival cruises done 2 different ways...I have no clue why.

Archived