What is the appropriate amount to tip for room service?

parksguy99

Agree we the $2-$5 range. There is no service charge and don't care even if they are included in the tip pool (which I don't believe they are). I'm sure they appreciate anything provided.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi I have a cruise coming up this September and am wondering what is the appropriate amount to tip when I order room service?

Can anyone offer a suggestion,

Thanks

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

I'm not a double tipper so nothing. They are included in the daily tipping pool.

We usually tip between $2 for a continental breakfast to $5 if we order a full breakfast. Other than those times, we really never find ourselves ordering from room service.

And just so you know, so you don't have to get a bunch of small bills out, on Princess, they hand you a delivery slip with a spot to sign and leave a tip, which will be added directly to your folio. They make it very convenient.

Here's a room service tip. The cups room service brings for coffee in the morning are too small. We get the coffee mugs on the Lido deck, they're twice the size of the ones they bring with the coffee. We grab 6 cups at a time and hide them in the drawer.;p

Here's a room service tip. The cups room service brings for coffee in the morning are too small. We get the coffee mugs on the Lido deck, they're twice the size of the ones they bring with the coffee. We grab 6 cups at a time and hide them in the drawer.;p

We order at least tea in the room the first morning. We drink only the specialty coffees, not the regular stuff...but having hot tea to relax with is nice. We don't just stash mugs from the buffet, we hide the carafe and refill it at the buffet as needed throughout the cruise.