Carry on Beverages Allowed on Carnival "Fantasy"

wines60

I am reposting this to see if there might be a fw more responses. Thanks for your patience!

I'm writing for my sister, who is sailing on the Fantasy Feb. 25 from Charleston. What, if any, bottled beverages may be carried aboard by passengers? I know Holland America allows bottled water, soft drinks, and wine. Does Carnivale allow any of this? Looking forward to answers which I'm sure will be forthcoming. Cruise Critic folks have always been my "go-to" when I have had cruise questions! ;)

I am reposting this to see if there might be a fw more responses. Thanks for your patience!

I'm writing for my sister, who is sailing on the Fantasy Feb. 25 from Charleston. What, if any, bottled beverages may be carried aboard by passengers? I know Holland America allows bottled water, soft drinks, and wine. Does Carnivale allow any of this? Looking forward to answers which I'm sure will be forthcoming. Cruise Critic folks have always been my "go-to" when I have had cruise questions! ;)

One bottle of wine per adult passanger, and a limited number of 20 oz bottles of soda or water... I cannot remember this moment how many 12 per person maybe?

This is the policy

A liquor and beverage consumption policy was created in order for Carnival to be able to control the liquor consumption of minors and the quantities consumed that lead to the disruptive behavior of others on board.

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation Day:

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring on board one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the steakhouse. (A corkage fee is a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of liquor served that was not bought on the premises)

On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less.

All alcohol/hard liquor/beer (sealed, unopened bottles/cans), wine/champagne over the allowable 1-bottle per guest (sealed, unopened bottles) or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages (over 12 per person, sealed, unopened bottles/cans) will be confiscated and stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained item(s) will be available for collection onboard in a designated location on the morning of debarkation. Unsealed liquids that are prohibited will be discarded, as well as any unclaimed items left after the voyage, and no compensation will be given in either case.

Large cooler restrictions:

Carnival Cruise Lines does not allow guests to bring large coolers on board its ships. However small, personal-sized coolers, no larger than 12”H x 12”L x 12”W for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage. Screening and movement of large coolers through embarkation is an impediment to the boarding and security screening process. Therefore, large coolers are not permitted as carry-on or checked luggage.

I watched folks carry on cases of soda on a dolly the other day on the Paradise also cases of water. They will check to make sure they are sealed. I believe you are able to carry on two bottles of wine also.

Bubba:cool:

Without knowing how many in the party .. who knows??

its one 750 ml bottle of wine per adult in your carry on only. (someone thought they were fine checking it last week and surprise.. it was taken because they did not read.. carry on only).

12 nonalchoholic drinks per pax also carry on only.

Archived