long term parking at pier or airport in Boston

Thinking of driving to the Cape for a week next summer,then cruising from Boston to Montreal and then flying back to Boston. Is there parking at the cruise pier? If so, which is better for long term parking (safety and price)-the cruiseport or the airport?

Thinking of driving to the Cape for a week next summer,then cruising from Boston to Montreal and then flying back to Boston. Is there parking at the cruise pier? If so, which is better for long term parking (safety and price)-the cruiseport or the airport?

Parking is available at the pier for $14 per day. By using a discounting plan it looks like you can get parking near the airport as low as $73 for seven days. Can't find anything for a longer term. Other pricing I found was comparable to the cruise pier.

Cheers,

Parking is available at the pier for $14 per day. By using a discounting plan it looks like you can get parking near the airport as low as $73 for seven days. Can't find anything for a longer term. Other pricing I found was comparable to the cruise pier.

Do a Google search for Boston Airport parking.

Cheers,

Park at the Alewife Brook Park T station on Route 2 in Cambridge for $5.00/day. I parked there daily for years and sometimes overnight. No problems ever.

I don't know how tight your budget is, but you can take a cab to the pier for about $40 or the red line subway to South Station and then the silver line to the Black Falcon Terminal (garage is over the T station - easy transfer - lots of elevators and escalators) 45 minutes should be more than ample time by subway. Less time by cab. A medium option would be to take the red line to South Station and get a cab to Black Falcon, but you may actually handle your luggage more this way.

The airport is fine, but it is in the wrong direction if you are going back to Allentown. You will probably pay about $20 to take a cab from South Boston through the tunnel to the airport long term parking, which is north towards Revere. Then you will pay tunnel and Mass Pike toll to come back west. And you will have to deal with the Boston traffic and worry about getting lost.

From Alewife you can get right on route 2, go west to route 128, and then south to the Mass Pike. Traffic is usually OK and you start out from the west side of Boston.

This route is actually set up to accommodate people with luggage and lots of people use it to get to the airport. The silver line also goes to Logan airport (different route than Black Falcon), so the transfer from the red line to the silver line at South station is just a 1 floor elevator or escalator ride. The only thing I don't know about is how far a walk it is from the Black Falcon stop to where you can get rid of your luggage. Perhaps someone else has done that piece of it.

I just reread your question and see that you are flying back into Logan from Montreal. Then you might want to do the Logan parking. However, the Alewife scenario still may work for you. The silver line Logan service is terrific - it stops right at the terminal and the buses are set up to handle luggage - just like a rental car bus.

I've used it numbers of times. Instead of having my husband drive all the way to the airport to meet a flight which may or may not be on time, I call him when I actually arrive. He drives to Alewife and I take the silver line/red line and 35 minutes later we meet.

Archived