Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Seabourn Cruise Line

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Seabourn Cruise Line Read Luxury Cruise Reviews written by cruisers just like you!

Old May 11th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Pride- Aug 23- Nowegian fjords

Has anyone done this trip. I have a reservation but am not sure if I will be disappointed since I did Alaska last summer on the Regent.

Old May 12th, 2007, 01:04 AM
Cool Cruiser

Post Alaska First, Then The Fjords

I did a similar itinerary on the Royal Viking Sky a number of years ago and absolutely loved it! Since most of the crew were Scandinavian, at many port calls families of the crew members and officers would gather at the pier to weclome them home. I loved that as the crew were very happy to be going home.

You will not be disappointed having been to Alaska last summer. Don't get me wrong, Alaska is beautiful and I loved my cruise there on the Sagafjord. However,
IMHO, you will be blown away by the grandeur and beauty of Norway and her fjords! In fact, in about a coupe of years, I would like to do the B2B Baltic and Norweigian Fjords cruises on Seabourn.

You will have a great time! Bon Voyage

My favorite cruise is
ALWAYS the cruise I am on. My Next favorite cruise will be:

Old May 12th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

>"but am not sure if I will be disappointed since I did Alaska last summer on the Regent."

I am not sure why you think you will be disappointed. I did Alaska last summer on Cruise West and did the Pride itinerary the year before. The itineraries are completely different. Fjords are stunning, Alaska glaciers are monumental. I wouldn't trade either cruise.

And thne, there's nothing like the Seabourn experience.

Old May 12th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaSea8ch View Post

In fact, in about a coupe of years, I would like to do the B2B Baltic and Norweigian Fjords cruises on Seabourn.
I think thats the next Seabourn cruise I want to do as well! (Well until we see the itineraries for the new ships)

Old May 12th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Cool Cruiser

We did the Seabourn Pride last year, Copenhagen to London, via the fjiords and loved it. As stated before, the scenery cannot be compared to Alaska or Chile. It has its own special feel and is most beautiful along with charming stops. Do take it.