Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Family Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Family Cruises Cruising with kids? Best Family Cruise Advice
Cruise Critic's Family Cruising Resources
Traveling with kids? Best Family Travel Advice
Family Vacation Critic's Family Travel Site

Old July 11th, 2007, 12:29 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Halloween Cruises?

We will be going on the Monarch of the Seas over Halloween, I will have my 3 and 5 year old with me. Halloween is a very important holiday to them, and I am wondering if there is anything on ship that will make the day special for them. Anyone ever done this before? If we bring costumes will they be the only ones wearing them or is there some sort of special activity for the small children in the kids areas that day?

2nd question is does anybody have the daily schedule for the kids area of this cruise? The 4 night 3 day cruise out of LA.

Thanks
Rachel

Old July 11th, 2007, 09:55 AM
50,000+ Club

Rachel, we have never been on a cruise during Halloween. Hopefully someone has and you might also want to post this on the board for the cruise line. We have been on board cruise lines for other holidays.

Either way, I think it would be nice for the children to wear their costumes even if it turns out others don't. They are at such an adorable age it I remember how much our children used to look forward to getting dressed up.
in their costumes.

Have a great time on the cruise.
Keith

Old July 12th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hi,

We cruised last Halloween on the NCL Spirit with our 3 year old. She had a great time and there were many activities on that day. The kids club was decorated (it was a bit too spooky for her) and all kids and child counelors wore costumes. They had a "make a treat bad" craft in the afternoon and a party in the evening and then went around the ship (main desk, stores) etc trick or treating. Then they went to see the magic show and came back to the kids club to eat a big Haloween cake. Also a surprisingly huge number of the older passengers had brought costumes and there were lots of "best costume" contests and related activities organized by the cruise director. It was certainly the best Halloween party night everyone in our family has had.

Have fun and pack your costumes!
Rada

Old July 12th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rada_CMH View Post
Hi,

We cruised last Halloween on the NCL Spirit with our 3 year old. She had a great time and there were many activities on that day. The kids club was decorated (it was a bit too spooky for her) and all kids and child counelors wore costumes. They had a "make a treat bad" craft in the afternoon and a party in the evening and then went around the ship (main desk, stores) etc trick or treating. Then they went to see the magic show and came back to the kids club to eat a big Haloween cake. Also a surprisingly huge number of the older passengers had brought costumes and there were lots of "best costume" contests and related activities organized by the cruise director. It was certainly the best Halloween party night everyone in our family has had.

Have fun and pack your costumes!
Rada
Thanks for this info, hopefully RCI with do something similar on the Monarch, my kids have never really been home to do "regular" door to door trick or treating, because last year we were in Disneyland that day, it just happens that that is the best time for our family to travel, and the off-season prices can't be beat!