Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Community Guidelines and Message Board Forum Help > Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here!

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here! Ask Your Message Board Questions Here

Old May 16th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default There is a problem with my signature... and others!

I'm not exactly sure what's going on, but there seems to be a problem with the Galveston "Cruise Cam" stickers! Last night, I tried to put in another signature sticker, but because I can only have one "sigpic", I uploaded one sigpic (Texas Map), but copied & pasted it, instead of inserting it, so I could have an additional picture... Then I re-uploaded the Galveston "Cruise Cam" sticker, and copied and pasted it, instead of inserting it. (once again, so I could have two) But this morning, I logged on, and I had the 2 Texas maps, instead of one texas map, and one "CruiseCam" pic!!! And even WORSE... I noticed ALL the Cruise Cam pics are replaced by the Texas Map! On everybody's signature who put the "CruiseCam" picture in theirs!!!!!! After I noticed the problem, I re-uploaded The Texas Map, but copied & pasted it (again) instead of "Inserting it". Then, I uploaded The "Cruise Cam" sigpic, but this time, I "Inserted" the "Cruise Cam" pic. Yet, the others were STILL Messed up! The most recent try, I ONLY uploaded the CruiseCam pic, and Insereted it. How could other people's signatures be messed up???

How could other people's signatures be changed if I change mine?!?!?!

Old May 16th, 2009, 02:54 PM
20,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Teen View Post
Last night, I tried to put in another signature sticker, but because I can only have one "sigpic", I uploaded one sigpic (Texas Map), but copied & pasted it, instead of inserting it, so I could have an additional picture.
How could other people's signatures be changed if I change mine?!?!?!
You can only upload one signature picture. You can't get around this by copying and pasting. It all works on a URL that calls your current signature picture, whatever that is.

So if you put in a "signature picture" code in one place with one signature picture, and then in a different place you put in what you think is a different "signature picture" because you've uploaded another picture, all that happens is that the latest picture appears wherever the [SIGPIC] code is used.

And when other people have copied and pasted your "sticker" into their signatures, what's happened is that they've pasted the URL for your "signature picture" rather than a unique reference for the image itself. So every time you change your "signature picture", everyone whose signature contains a URL of your "signature picture" will automatically display your latest upload.

To avoid that, they should upload their own "signature picture" rather than just copying and pasting from your signature. If they do the latter, they only pick up the URL to your "signature picture", not the image itself.

“Cruise” review – ss Rotterdam (V), June 2013.

Dual-purpose HOHO buses available in London: functioning simultaneously as tourist traps and roadblocks.

Fascinating Aida tell us of the perils of Cheap Flights.

Netiquette: Have you watched this: Posting and you ...? And do you know How to Behave on an Internet Forum?
Thinking of starting a new thread? Have you searched for your answer already? Can you post to an existing thread?
Countdown clocks: How to set one up? Click here.
Princess Cruises ship designators - the current list here.
_

Old May 16th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Cool Cruiser

So is there no way to have 2 pictures in your signature without it messing up???
The Galveston signature pictures are working again, but only after several attempts of inserting the picture. The first few times, it didn't work!

Last edited by Texas Teen; May 16th, 2009 at 06:07 PM.

Old May 16th, 2009, 06:53 PM
20,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Teen View Post
So is there no way to have 2 pictures in your signature without it messing up?
You can, but not via "signature picture".

What you need to do is to insert an image from the web in the same way as in the body of a post. Click the yellow square icon and insert the URL of an image that's already hosted on the web. If the image you want is not yet hosted on the web, then use one of the many image hosting services to do that. Myself, I usually use www.tinypic.com.

“Cruise” review – ss Rotterdam (V), June 2013.

Dual-purpose HOHO buses available in London: functioning simultaneously as tourist traps and roadblocks.

Fascinating Aida tell us of the perils of Cheap Flights.

Netiquette: Have you watched this: Posting and you ...? And do you know How to Behave on an Internet Forum?
Thinking of starting a new thread? Have you searched for your answer already? Can you post to an existing thread?
Countdown clocks: How to set one up? Click here.
Princess Cruises ship designators - the current list here.
_