Coral Princess - Cabin B503 or C 717

BelowLidoOptimist

I'm taking the Alaska cruise next year with my mum on the Coral Princess - Vancouver to Anchorage. Like everyone else, I'm just trying to get a good cabin. I'm after a mini-suite

Is the engine noise and vibration really noticeable in C717 (mid-deck) aft?

What is B503 like? The corner balcony appeals to me but is it a problem with the recessed cabin constantly looking on to your balcony?

We don't mind having to walk extra to get to the main activity areas, we're just after somewhere away from foot traffic with a decent view.

Thank you in advance!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There are no mentions of engine noise in any of the several CC reviews of Caribe 7xx cabins. Where did you get that idea? normally choosing a deck of cabins "sandwiched" above and below by other staterooms rather than public areas like dining rooms or theaters.

As far as this illusive privacy of which you speak... what were you planning to do on your balcony? Really, I've a current booking of B431 on the Coral's sister ship Island Princess -- same bump out but fore not aft. These balconies are covered by the Alpha deck above, not 'wedding caked' like some ships. For the set-back cabins along the side to see into the balcony (1) only the very corner of the bumped OUT balcony even seems to have this possibility, and (2) you'd have to be fairly far along the side for the angles to allow viewing -- I cannot imagine sitting on my balcony with binoculars watching fellow passengers drinking a beer on their balcony, no matter how bored I was. Let's just say, privacy was the least of my concerns when I put the downpayment on B431 and B435.

That said, try this page and scroll down to the fourth photo:

http://www.islandpanama.org/meet-the-ship/covered-balcony-guide/