Florida Express Bus??

cmitch9999

I just found this link to Florida Express bus taking over from Cruise Connection.

http://www.thefloridaexpressbus.com/

anyone have experience with using them?

My 88 yr old father will be sailing with us in Nov and we want to make sure he will be ok. He will be traveling from Port Charlotte to Port of Miami. He had used the cruise connection bus many times.

Thanks

Chris Mitchell

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back from a cruise this past week and took the bus (which is actually a van not a bus, that seats 10 passengers). One of our stops was Port Charlotte on the way to Port Everglades. Our ride was about a half hour late and we were a little worried so we called and they explained he'd be there shortly. He arrived and apologized for being late. The driver, Ramone, was very nice. However, his driving was not. To say we were terrified during the ride is an understatement. He was doing about 90 miles an hour, cutting across three lanes of traffic, in and out between cars. I was shaking and occassionally let our a scream or two. I don't think he heard me over the music he was upper body dancing to in the front seat. He often only had one hand on the wheel and was texting or talking on the phone with the other. I had the same driver to and from the ship. All during my cruise I was thinking about (dreading) having to get back on that ride.

If you care about your father don't put him on this bus!

• 2 years later...

We booked a round trip from Sarasota to Ft. Lauderdale this November. We were left stranded in Sarasota with no pick up. They claimed they driver was there and he was not and we showed up 15 minutes prior to the timed pick up. Luckily, we found another service and were told this was typical of this company.

On the way back we made sure to call dispatch and we were told if we were not there by 11:45AM (our designated time) they would not wait and would leave. We were stuck in customs and got out at 11:42AM and I ran to the shuttle, which I saw shutting doors and the driving going to leave without us. He had no idea how many people were supposed to be in the shuttle. My mother had no time to go to the bathroom and we were crammed into a van that was too small for the amount of people. There was no enough seat belts for everyone and luggage crammed up to the ceiling. We finally made a stop after 1.5 hours and were not allowed a bathroom break. My poor mother was in a panic along with some other passengers.

It was the worst service ever! And very dangerous!