Transportation from Le Havre to Honfleur

goforyourdreams

Our cruise will be stopping in Le Havre for a day and we would like to visit Honfleur. How do we get there? I've read about the bus, but with the schedule being infrequent and us not speaking French it just seems too stressful.

We are a family of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids). To fit us, we need a large van taxi that accomodates 5 passengers. Can we count on finding a taxi at the port? Is there a way to pre-order a taxi? Also, how do we get a taxi to go back to port?

Our cruise will be stopping in Le Havre for a day and we would like to visit Honfleur. How do we get there? I've read about the bus, but with the schedule being infrequent and us not speaking French it just seems too stressful.

We are a family of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids). To fit us, we need a large van taxi that accomodates 5 passengers. Can we count on finding a taxi at the port? Is there a way to pre-order a taxi? Also, how do we get a taxi to go back to port?

You will have no problem getting a taxi at the port to take you to Honfleur. We did same several years ago, and typically taxis will come back for you at an agreed to time to take you back to the ship. We paid the taxi fare on the return. Honfleur is charming - a very nice day.

Are taxis for 6 people readily available?

Readily? Hit or miss. There are some van/taxis and sometimes there will be one or more in the taxi queue at the port. But other times, there will be nothing that can handle more then 4 passengers. If there is not a large enough taxi, you can ask one of the other drivers to call for a larger taxi....and perhaps they will help.

Hank

• 1 month later...
We had no problem finding a taxi around 10 a.m. The driver was very friendly and helpful, and we were able to arrange for him to come back to Honfleur to pick us up later in the day. We loved Honfleur!

Hi, also from NE Ohio! May I ask what taxi charge was form Leharve to Honfleur? thanks Please email at larryandcarolsargent at g mail

We had no problem finding a taxi around 10 a.m. The driver was very friendly and helpful, and we were able to arrange for him to come back to Honfleur to pick us up later in the day. We loved Honfleur!

May I ask how much you paid for the taxi? And what did you do while in Honfleur? I am still planning my itineray and I am not sure wether to visit Honfleur or Rouen. Thank you.

• 2 months later...

We have just returned from a cruise to this port. We were a group of 8 and got off the ship and found a wonderful taxi driver who spoke good English. He took us to Honfleur for 50 euros for 2 people and waited 3 hours while we toured the pretty town and then returned us to the ship or the town of Le Havre or a nearby shopping center. His name was Rabah and you can contact him at taxi043@gmail.com

or phone 0033671713285

Saturday is market day so that is the best day to go.

We had a different price.....we were charged 55 euros for 4 of us one way.....but we went to the tourist info and got the bus schedule and took the bus back for 5 or 8 euros each...then got a taxi from the bus station to the ship for 10 euros....but we stayed for about 5 or 6 hours there.