Steakhouse Bar?

Jwglenn25

• 2 weeks later...

On my journey cruise in March on the Liberty I was on one of the first cruises with the enhanced cheers package. While in the Steakhouse I discovered the $20 a glass French Champagne! I think I had like 6 :-)

Here is the wine menu for the Steakhouse - I didn't pay attention to cocktails.

On my Breeze cruise (leaving tomorrow) I'm gonna try to see if I can just visit the bar for a glass or two of that each evening for sure!

IMG_1072.jpg.9718b9e017b34c3d4d88a1eda28914c8.jpg

• 1 year later...
Was told it was for dinner guests only on Magic. I liked the drink Sidecar so much we went back to Prime to order one the next day since no other bartender knew what we were talking about or what it was made of. Couldnt get one. We did finally find a bartender that knew what it was but said it would be the same because of a special ingredient only the steakhouse had.

Sidecar is a classic cocktail, which despite usually being served in a martini glass, is a very manly drink. Cognac, Cointreau and lemon juice. Too many times it's served with sugar on the rim...I always ask that be omitted. The back story behind the drink is apocryphal, but if it's to be believed...a Doughboy (US soldier in WW I) drove his motorcycle into Harry's Bar in Paris, and the bartender mixed him a sidecar to go with it.