Breeze Gangway broken?

cruisinpips

the gangway at the embarkation port is owned by that terminal. not the ship. The ships gangways is usually on deck 0 and is those small narrow gangways

it is up the terminal to figure out which gangway is best to use (either the ship or the terminals)

The ships gangways is usually on deck 0 and is those small narrow gangways

it is up the terminal to figure out which gangway is best to use (either the ship or the terminals)

The slip that the Breeze docks at usually has the breezeway attached at deck 3, not the lowest deck. About a month ago the breezeway wasn't functioning so they brought Freedom & Breeze pax in through the bottom of the ship but it was repaired a few weeks ago. They've been boarding via the breezeway since. Even yesterday Freedom used it. But this morning, as the OP mentioned, they're not using it and people are debarking on ground level.

I'm not sure what's up- if the breezeway is acting up again or not.

On a separate note does anyone know the reasoning behind why most of the time, Breeze and Freedom back into the slip, but every now and then they drive straight in? I've been watching it for months, and I'm not sure I get why... doesn't seem to be related to weather or anything. I was just wondering if someone knows why.

The slip that the Breeze docks at usually has the breezeway attached at deck 3, not the lowest deck. About a month ago the breezeway wasn't functioning so they brought Freedom & Breeze pax in through the bottom of the ship but it was repaired a few weeks ago. They've been boarding via the breezeway since. Even yesterday Freedom used it. But this morning, as the OP mentioned, they're not using it and people are debarking on ground level.

I'm not sure what's up- if the breezeway is acting up again or not.

On a separate note does anyone know the reasoning behind why most of the time, Breeze and Freedom back into the slip, but every now and then they drive straight in? I've been watching it for months, and I'm not sure I get why... doesn't seem to be related to weather or anything. I was just wondering if someone knows why.

I was thinking the same thing. We were on freedom last September and we embarked the other way it's been coming in. My 2 theory's would be 1 that the ship can only leave or enter the port in 1 direction now or 2, if you watch when they leave the ship does like a full spin when it turns around so maybe it gives the passengers a cool view of the port when leaving.. or just trying to make everyone dizzy.. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To the two questions: we had a outgoing tide here this morning when the ships came in. Also, I noticed currents were strong on Friday when we fished the bay (good catch of speckled trout!). Mix that with all the rain runoff and the ships sometimes dock bow upstream. High tide is at 3:38 PM. Other variables are wind speed and direction, if the ship is behind schedule and if there is a medical need to get a patient off earlier. Sometimes maintenance can dictate what side is against the dock as well, many variables are considered. Ships can leave the dock headed either direction.

The Breeze usually loads and offloads passengers from deck 3 right down the gangway, so something must be wrong. Deck 0 would be less desirable today due to wind and rain. The gangway was functioning fine for departures this week. Don't know why it's not working.

To the two questions: we had a outgoing tide here this morning when the ships came in. Also, I noticed currents were strong on Friday when we fished the bay (good catch of speckled trout!). Mix that with all the rain runoff and the ships sometimes dock bow upstream. High tide is at 3:38 PM. Other variables are wind speed and direction, if the ship is behind schedule and if there is a medical need to get a patient off earlier. Sometimes maintenance can dictate what side is against the dock as well, many variables are considered. Ships can leave the dock headed either direction.

The Breeze usually loads and offloads passengers from deck 3 right down the gangway, so something must be wrong. Deck 0 would be less desirable today due to wind and rain. The gangway was functioning fine for departures this week. Don't know why it's not working.

Thanks BallFour... your explanation of the reasons why they'd 'park' bow first or aft first makes perfect sense...

And as for the gangway, I watch the ships each Saturday and Sunday and they always use the gangway... at least until a month ago, when it broke down. It was down for about a week then they fixed it and were using it consistently until today. I watched the debark and embark process for Freedom yesterday and as you said the gangway was in place.

There has been some issues with the gangway. The the galveston website the chat rooms for the cams mentioned that the parts have to come from overseas and takes a while.

Seems they used the gangway last week though.

I hope it gets fixed soon. We board in 2 weeks

There has been some issues with the gangway. The the galveston website the chat rooms for the cams mentioned that the parts have to come from overseas and takes a while.

Seems they used the gangway last week though.

I hope it gets fixed soon. We board in 2 weeks

The port will start work tomorrow (Monday) repairing the gangway at terminal 1. Valor will dock at terminal 2.