Tracking our location

dawnphr

It should be on Channel 18, the Map Channel - sometimes that can be a view that isn't as refined as you want so go to marinetraffic.com and put in the name of the ship. You will find out what ships are near you. :cool:

If I'm not mistaken, all ships will have a channel on the TV that shows your location. We've noticed it on several of the ships that we've been on.

There should be... but not always. We have had them turn it off on several different cruises.

When I asked a bridge officer why it was not there, they reported that they were having problems with the GPS feed that is used just for that ( not for actual navigation) and instead of having guest calling concerned that they were going to the wrong place they just decided to turn it off. On our Trans-Atlantic for the Vista it was showing us heading through Egypt... not to it, but actually through the land of the country... they turned it off the next night.

Some of the newer ships have a screen by the coffee shop to watch where you are as well, but not all of them.

That's one thing I missed on the Splendor was the lack of the map channel. They had a "map channel" but it didn't show the map and location like other ships. I asked GS about it and they looked at me like I had 3 heads and had never heard of the map channel. lol

There should be... but not always. We have had them turn it off on several different cruises.

When I asked a bridge officer why it was not there, they reported that they were having problems with the GPS feed that is used just for that ( not for actual navigation) and instead of having guest calling concerned that they were going to the wrong place they just decided to turn it off. On our Trans-Atlantic for the Vista it was showing us heading through Egypt... not to it, but actually through the land of the country... they turned it off the next night.

Some of the newer ships have a screen by the coffee shop to watch where you are as well, but not all of them.

OMG, that was so funny. We were also on Vista TA and saw one day on the map that we were in the middle of landlocked Europe. I was disappointed that the map wasn't fixed, but I like that we can laugh about it.