diamonds international free charms

cruisinCLT

I tried to last year but kept going to the wrong location, LOL!! Some places have many of these in the same general areas so finding the only one that you have to get the "free" item is hard to do. I tried while in Nassau and kept hitting the wrong one so I finally gave up.

I just started to on the cruise before last. If I have the time, and it is not too far out of the way..I'll stop in and get a charm. You get a card that list all of the different ports that carry the charms, and they mark off their square when you get a charm.

Kinda fun...and FREE!

The one in nassau is on the main street with all the little shops, close to where the hard rock is......also here's a tip, don't lose your little card because if you do then you'll have to start all over again and they'll give you another bracelet instead of the charm like they did at your first port.

Does anyone know where the shop is in Key west and cozumel?

I don't know if this is the same card you're talking about but my husband lost his card and was upset until I told him the small print said "a $10.00 value" and he decided it wasn't worth looking for it.

I've got 4 charms now... I lost my card after 2... I just went in and explained.... they noted which ship I'm on and gave me the charms anyway.

They're worth nothing.... but a nice souvenir anyway !

DW has a couple of cards that are almost done

The big missing one is Las Vegas! Friends went there a couple of months ago and made the trip to the DI only to find it closed. Don't know if it moved or what.

Just asked DW and she said she picked up the cards at the port talks. She also thinks that you may have to buy the bracelet now. The charms are still free. (And worth every penny:rolleyes: )

Charlie

My cousin and I both will be wearing ours on our next cruise. We have collected about 10 of them, they are so cute and a rembrance of all the ports we have visited.. We are going to get one in Belize...:D

It is true they get a little tarnished, but I took my jewelry cloth and cleaned mine up.. and now it looks like real gold... shines nice.....just use a little elbow grease... they are soooooooooo cute. Just love mine and it did not cost me a thing...

Horseman-check in your capers on the night before the port and it should have something in there about a free charm at the diamond international store on land. You won't get a charm at the first port because you'll get your charm bracelet and the list of ports on a piece of white paper....keep this white paper because you'll need this at the next port so you get an actual charm and not another starter bracelet. Also here's another tip.....they ask you which cruiseline you are with and your room number and they only give one per room so if you are rooming with someone and they want one too just go in at differant times and tell them a differant room number

The one in nassau is on the main street with all the little shops, close to where the hard rock is......also here's a tip, don't lose your little card because if you do then you'll have to start all over again and they'll give you another bracelet instead of the charm like they did at your first port.

Does anyone know where the shop is in Key west and cozumel?

Key West, I believe, is around Sloppy Joe's Bar.

If you take the bracelet with you & show it they will give you the charm. I have 3 of them.......granddaughter thinks it's cool......we've never been asked which cruiseline or room #.......so hubby does one, I do one & then hubby does the other one on the way back to the ship........

They do make nice memories of the cruises.......

Have fun & enjoy..............

Sharon

Yes.. and they are crap.. not worth going out of your way for...:(

Well, that was very positive.

They make nice reminders of the ports visited.

I have been collecting for years. My granddaughters all have them and always ask questions about the different charms when we get back.

i did. i have st. thomas, st. maarten, nassau & the bracelet. the worst charm on it is the diamonds international one. what is supposed to be a diamond, looks like a kids toy stone glued onto the charm. i may take it to my jeweler & see if it's even real. the rest of the charms are cute. nassau is a sand dollar, st. thomas is a shopping bag, i forgot what the others are. seems like i have 4 or 5, but haven't worn it yet. i think it's a fun reminder of the cruise. maybe if i would get off this board occasionally, i'd have more time to look at it!

I went to the shopiing site and I'm wondering if this is worth the almost $40.00(free shipping). I think it is really cute and would love to have some of those charms, but don't know if its worth the money or not. Can anyone tell me? Worth it or not? Also silver or gold, which would be better? Thanks, kmbb