going in April up Pacific Coast

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:48 PM.
Peoria, AZ
1,003 Posts
Joined May 2008
Hello
Does anybody know of any beautiful wineries in Santa Barbara or San Francisco. Looking closer to the ports than Napa. We go in April and the friend wants to see a Santa Barbara winery.

Thanks
Brenda
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Imma Critter #18
Diamond Plus & Elite

Petaluma, Ca. 94954
28,586 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
A little reading on the board will reveal the closest winery in the Santa Barbara area is close to an hour away. In Sonoma - closer than Napa - is also about an hour. Napa is a little longer, maybe 1 hour 20 minutes.
610 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
you will have to do some research...but there are wineries on treasure island, in the bay and accessible by muni bus. also check out the ferry building for wine shops. there are also some on the penisula..down hiway 1 or off hiway 35..but you would have to rent a car.
midwest
770 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
In San Fran, on the Pier, is a wine store, Wattle Creek......I love their wines! I actually joined their wine club for a few years...I know they have a vinyard in Alexander Valley, and anothe place(can't recall).....their wine is great! And they mail to my state without penalty. You can probably google them..
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

chatsworth, ca
2,422 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
Originally posted by Brendaflamingo
Hello
Does anybody know of any beautiful wineries in Santa Barbara or San Francisco. Looking closer to the ports than Napa. We go in April and the friend wants to see a Santa Barbara winery.

Thanks
Brenda
several wonderful wineries in the Santa Barbara area...there is even a "urban vinters walk" in santa Barbara (it is walkable...but not really from where the tender leaves you...if you are a walker you can take the 25 cent shuttle to state street and then walk).....goggle (or which ever search engine you use) santa barbara vinters association
Castro Valley, California
1,944 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
I might go to wineries in Santa Barbara. There is so much else to do in San Francisco
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Claire in Castro Valley
Founder and head sheeple-herder of HUSH!
over on FB: FriendlyPrincessCruisers
Next up:
Miracle 7/29/2017 -- Mexican Riviera
Ruby 12/30/2017 -- Mexican Riviera
Splendor 3/31/2018 -- Mexican Riviera