Mystery Dinner Theater on FOS

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Poll: Did you feel the Mystery Dinner Theater on FOS was worth the extra $55/person?
Poll Results
Did you feel the Mystery Dinner Theater on FOS was worth the extra $55/person?

Yes
68.75%

No
31.25%

Voters: 16.  You may not vote on this poll.

Missouri
95 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
Did you enjoy it?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Dream - February 2010 - Eastern Caribbean (Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Maarten)

Carnival Glory - February 2011 - Western Caribbean (Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman)

Carnival Victory - February 2012 - Southern Caribbean (St. Thomas/St. John, Barbados, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, St. Maarten, San Juan)

Freedom of the Seas - May 2013 - Western Caribbean (Labadee, Falmouth, Grand Cayman, Cozumel)

Carnival Breeze - December 2014 - Southern Caribbean (Grand Turk, La Romana, Curacao, Aruba)
Southern New England
3,748 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
We just did it on the Freedom this past January. It was held at 7:00 pm on night 1 after sail away. The food was great and the acting was...campy. Is it Broadway? No. Is it a fun experience with great food and service? Absolutely! We have seen a few of these. We enjoyed it. The filet Mignon was outstanding. The wine was flowing and my glass was never empty. Yes, it was house wine, but it was decent. We find it is worth the $55 per person. The singers and dancers had fun with it. Be sure to be an active participant. Just sitting there waiting for a magical experience will be a disappointment.

Eric
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade. If life hands you a big lime, make a helmet for your cat.

I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.
Georgia
5,040 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Originally posted by Pomperaugrr
We just did it on the Freedom this past January. It was held at 7:00 pm on night 1 after sail away. The food was great and the acting was...campy. Is it Broadway? No. Is it a fun experience with great food and service? Absolutely! We have seen a few of these. We enjoyed it. The filet Mignon was outstanding. The wine was flowing and my glass was never empty. Yes, it was house wine, but it was decent. We find it is worth the $55 per person. The singers and dancers had fun with it. Be sure to be an active participant. Just sitting there waiting for a magical experience will be a disappointment.

Eric
Did you make your reservations prior to sailing or once you were on the ship?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mike
Southern New England
3,748 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
We called and made reservations prior as we wanted ours linked to friends that were cruising with us. You can also reserve online.

Eric
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade. If life hands you a big lime, make a helmet for your cat.

I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.
Georgia
5,040 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Originally posted by Pomperaugrr
We called and made reservations prior as we wanted ours linked to friends that were cruising with us. You can also reserve online.

Eric
Thanks, DW and I may do this as we are looking for something different. Just hope our luggage is not delayed embark day so we can get dressed to go.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mike
Up North and Down South, UK
17,008 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
Just off FoS this morning.

Here is the menu for the Mystery Dinner.... did not attend but had called in to make a reservation for another night.... my blog is a few pages down have yet to post link to sig. Currently at airport, bored....

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Linda

September 2nd 2017 : 'Rock the Boat' Cruise : CMV Magellan : Roll Call here

Bit of a blog : Crown Princess : Buenos Aires - Valparaiso : February 1st 2017 here

Bit of a Blog : Solstice : Auckland – Fremantle – Sydney : February 14th 2016 here

Blogs in profile from Rhapsody (includes India), Legend (Baltics), Oasis (Mediterranean), Freedom (Caribbean) and others.
Georgia
5,040 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Originally posted by NorbertsNiece
Just off FoS this morning.

Here is the menu for the Mystery Dinner.... did not attend but had called in to make a reservation for another night.... my blog is a few pages down have yet to post link to sig. Currently at airport, bored....

Thanks for posting the menu, gives us more to consider.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mike